George Floyd...

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just gonna put it out there that I loathe judges, in general. It's amazing how insistent they are about keeping the court "in order" but the most wildly erratic, emotionally unhinged person flailing around and yelling at people is the judge. And this guy takes they unstable showboating to the next level.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
This is a mistrial and the prosecution should request the judge and some jurors removed. Maybe bring this to federal court (not sure how your system works).
I think the only thing showing the judge's bias more would be if he dropped to his knees and start sucking this deepshits cock. FFS...

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I'm just gonna put it out there that I loathe judges, in general. It's amazing how insistent they are about keeping the court "in order" but the most wildly erratic, emotionally unhinged person flailing around and yelling at people is the judge. And this guy takes they unstable showboating to the next level.
Sadly, in celebrity level trials, the showboaty judges always end up running the circus.

When I served on jury duty our judge was a very kind and very non-formal woman that treated everyone in the court, from her bailiff to the jurors to the accused, very well. She even took the time when the trial was over to come chat with the jury and make sure we were satisfied with our decision in a very personable way. If all judges behaved the way she did, we wouldn't see shit-shows like this fucking disgrace going down.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Can “The Onion” sue this judge for copy-write or trademark infringement because he is clearly copying their brand
When physicists at CERN discovered the Higgs boson, they accidentally slipped us into an alternate universe where The Onion articles are actual reality.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I don’t even know where to start with that issue on needing to provide an expert on iPads ...

Maybe they should also subpoena Keanu Reeves to testify whether we’re all in the Matrix or not?

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I don’t even know where to start with that issue on needing to provide an expert on iPads ...

Maybe they should also subpoena Keanu Reeves to testify whether we’re all in the Matrix or not?
Oh, we definitely are. And our node is on the tail end of its expected lifespan. Which explains why the simulation is getting so messed up it's starting to wake some of us up to that fact.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I imagine this exchange occurring in the courtroom.

Your honor, I have a few questions for the defendant about his state of mind when he fired the shots.
Objection!
Sorry, allow me to rephrase, I have a few questions for the defendant about his state of mind when the shots were fired.
Objection!
Umm, when these two victims-
Objection!
When these two murderous attackers committed extroverted suicide in front of you, what were you thinking?
Objection - prosecution didn't address the defendant as our Lord and Savior.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Evidently, the prosecutor made a shocked facial expression in response to one of the judge's rulings, and the judge stopped the case from proceeding for a moment to address the prosecutor's facial expression.

I wish there was video of it, but I'm only seeing it in transcripts.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Evidently, the prosecutor made a shocked facial expression in response to one of the judge's rulings, and the judge stopped the case from proceeding for a moment to address the prosecutor's facial expression.

I wish there was video of it, but I'm only seeing it in transcripts.
Yeah, the judge really should have saved that explanation for their next golf outing together.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sorry, but that bit of it grates on my nerves just as much as all of the other more obvious crap from this judge.

Imagine if a football referee called a penalty on a coach for making a "stinkface" at a questionable call. Fans would riot.

The prosecutor might well have made a face. Shit, I would have made a face if I was a prosecutor in a trial like this and the judge made a call similar to the calls this judge is making in this case. I'd be thinking "what are you going to do, call up the bar association and tell them that I flinched when you ruled that I couldn't cross-examine the main witness?!"

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Kyle had an opportunity when the first man and him got into it to run away. He made a choice to play vigilante, in those types of situations a persons true character and bias can come out

As much as I think Kyle is guilty, IIRC, the testimonies and FBI video showed him trying to walk away from the first victim and being followed.

What the actual hell... Did they just toss out "machine learning" and "logarithm" as a defense with zero understanding what they were talking about? There wasn't a single IT person within a 30 minute drive that could hear this BS and just go on the stand and say the argument makes zero sense?

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The age of popular superstitions being built up around how tech works (despite expert protest) is upon us.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
As much as I think Kyle is guilty, IIRC, the testimonies and FBI video showed him trying to walk away from the first victim and being followed.

What the actual hell... Did they just toss out "machine learning" and "logarithm" as a defense with zero understanding what they were talking about? There wasn't a single IT person within a 30 minute drive that could hear this BS and just go on the stand and say the argument makes zero sense?
Right, I saw that too. But it seemed to me he could've still gotten away and rejoined the rest his group.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Right, I saw that too. But it seemed to me he could've still gotten away and rejoined the rest his group.
According to his testimony he ran away until he was cornered and had no where else to go.

What surprised me, the transcript makes it seem like he turned his head, turned back around and saw the guy grabbing the barrel, then heard a gunshot, so he reacted and shot.

By this account, the prosecutor is incompetent if he didn't ask, "did you mean to shoot him or did you react to the gunshot?" In like 15 minutes I found in the Wisconsin self-defense law the section that says self defense is waived if the shooter does not intentionally shoot the victim.

Other law in Wisconsin and pretty much every state indicates that self-defense had to match the level of threat and not exceed it. A guy coming at you with a chain is likely not going to kill you. Shoot them once in the leg, not 4 times (including the torso and head).

I get why gun rights people want to justify this as self defense, but they are really overlooking the details of what self-defense means and what situations someone cannot use self-defense as an excuse. I'm surprised the prosecutor didn't stress these points more.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
The age of popular superstitions being built up around how tech works (despite expert protest) is upon us.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Or

"Witchcraft to the ignorant, … simple science to the learned." - Leigh Brackett

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
We say these things like computers/technology haven't been "magic" to the majority of people for as long as they've existed. At this point we're the closest we've ever been to ubiquitous computer savviness, but "closer than ever" is still an almost shockingly low amount of understanding, even among people who depend on it every day.