Godin Summit CT or Gibson LP studio (w/coil tap)?

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
pros and cons? I'm split. and have some pretty bad GAS for a good single cut 6.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Well, Godin is a whole bunch more consistent and Studios look kinda lame, so I'd go for the Summit if I were you.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The Gibson will probably have better woods. What are the specs of each though? I find studios are usually pretty good workhorses that cover a lot of ground.

But if you really have GAS for a killer singlecut 6.. get a used PRS Singlecut SE. I miss the shit out of mine! Faster neck, lighter body, just needs a nut upgrade and *maybe* tuners and pickups ($100 pickups $50 tuners and you're set)

StratFreak11

Reaction score
I've never played the Godin so im basing this on looks, the Godin wins any day of the week. Especially if this is the one you want..

arton895.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Try the washburn sc's too, I dug the one i tried.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I just sold A Summit CT. Well-made, very interesting guitar. It has their HDR (or whatever they want to fucking call it) system, which is a passive active button with a fancy name. The Gibson is shit. Gonna be hit or miss with a company like that bro. Talking about a lower end Gibson getting cranked off the assembly line by the thousands with zero thought to QC. Maybe 1 of 10 will be checked. Notorious for that. Godin has much better QC, I have owned several Godin Guitars and basses and even a Seagull, which is made by Godin(Acoustic), all have been decent little guitars. The downside to the Godin is re-sale really sucks honestly. If I were you and wanted a single cut 6?

Best one in that price range on the market hands down:
ltd-deluxe-ec-1000.jpg

Ltd EC-1000. You can't beat it in that price range IMHO.