Gone and done it! Blackwater Custom content

• Thread starter mcd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainLuckeyBeard

El Capitan
Reaction score
Wait, how is it not done??? From that pic, I'd assume, all that's left is to wire it up, install the pots, then string her up? That takes all of what, half an hour? Less for an experienced builder? I don't get it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
I know he's been working on Templates as well for another builder, so maybe he got a bit in over his head. Looks great though man and here's to you having it by Halloween.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
I know he's been working on Templates as well for another builder, so maybe he got a bit in over his head. Looks great though man and here's to you having it by Halloween.

Yeah he was behind the entire time. I changed it from SS shape to Tele shape around two weeks before it SHOULD HAVE been completed. He had yet to cut a single piece of wood. At that point he told me he'd start shaping the thing out there after, it was months again before any progress. To be honest I don't know if I'll even enjoy this thing. The last year has been a lot of excuses and half hearted apologies, while not holding to his word about "fixing" it.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
^ shit, hate to hear that. He's doing the pick-ups for my TK build and hopefully you'll fall all over this thing.

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Yeah he was behind the entire time. I changed it from SS shape to Tele shape around two weeks before it SHOULD HAVE been completed. He had yet to cut a single piece of wood. At that point he told me he'd start shaping the thing out there after, it was months again before any progress. To be honest I don't know if I'll even enjoy this thing. The last year has been a lot of excuses and half hearted apologies, while not holding to his word about "fixing" it.

Makes me sad to hear stories like this.

Seems like a lot of builders are getting in over their heads lately.

RickSchneider

Reaction score
I put my deposit down about 2 months ago, and one month ago i sent an email inquiring if I could change my build to a headless (that was the 15th of august), after a week or so with no response I added him on FB to see if he had missed it. He acknolwedged receiving it and said he would respond to me soon, and now has gone silent since then! Havn't heard anything on FB or via email in about 3 weeks.

Love the guys work, and he does seem like a good guy, but this has been frustrating.

Here's hoping you get your guitar soon! It looks very very nice :)

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
Latest delay for the build.

Apparently he didn't have a toggle switch and had to order one. I really hate to be this way, I would go buy one at a local music store rather than order one. To me it all sounds like BS to be honest, I guess paying in full was a bad move. He has my money what the incentive to get it done? My plans for build two are going to another company that's for sure

Turk

It's all good.
Reaction score
I was born in Manhattan, lived in Junction City, moved back to Manhattan, graduated in Topeka, wife from Lawrence family in KC now....so pretty much covered the NE part of the state.

Top City represent! Where'd ya graduate from?

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Latest delay for the build.

Apparently he didn't have a toggle switch and had to order one. I really hate to be this way, I would go buy one at a local music store rather than order one. To me it all sounds like BS to be honest, I guess paying in full was a bad move. He has my money what the incentive to get it done? My plans for build two are going to another company that's for sure

This is seriously depressing, I hope my build goes smoother than your experience.

That being said this guitar will be absolutely jaw dropping when its finished.

Turk

It's all good.
Reaction score
Shawnee heights i went there for about 1.5 years....that was 11 years ago though

Sweet. I'm in my senior year at Washburn Rural.

To keep on topic, I'm just going to ogle your guitar for a little while longer. Pale moon ebony is one of my favourite looking fretboard materials, right along with ziricote.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
God, I sure know how to pick em...

Hopefully, I avoid too much of a delay. I was recently told to expect about late December. I ordered around November last year. Lets see what happens.

a curry

Reaction score
He hasn't answered any of my phone calls or emails lately. I'm really thinking of pulling out since I have lost interest in it....

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Took awhile to establish it, but I just had a lengthy conversation with Aaron on FB, and locked in most of the details about my upcoming headless. He was honest in saying it will be another 4-6 months before it begins, but he was really helpful in every other aspect and was attentive and prompt through the whole conversation, until i ended it.

Hope everything comes together for you guys

Aghasura

Reaction score
Man, hearing this is depressing. It's not that I am doubting you in any way, shape, or form, but it's so confusing to hear about your customer service experience when mine has been so good. I wonder why there's inconsistency from one order to the next? It *does* sound as if he's gotten behind on lead times, and I appreciate that the lack of communication can be infuriating. I would just kind of be honest with him about where you are on this whole thing and ask him for a firm date. Like the poster before me said, if you're gonna let it go, don't lose your deposit, just sell your spot if Aaron can't give you an assurance that'll make you happy. Also, if you were interested in the guitar when you placed the order, I'm sure you'll be stoked when you actually get it. If I had the funds, I'd take the spot. That's a nice guitar, man!

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
Man, hearing this is depressing. It's not that I am doubting you in any way, shape, or form, but it's so confusing to hear about your customer service experience when mine has been so good. I wonder why there's inconsistency from one order to the next? It *does* sound as if he's gotten behind on lead times, and I appreciate that the lack of communication can be infuriating. I would just kind of be honest with him about where you are on this whole thing and ask him for a firm date. Like the poster before me said, if you're gonna let it go, don't lose your deposit, just sell your spot if Aaron can't give you an assurance that'll make you happy. Also, if you were interested in the guitar when you placed the order, I'm sure you'll be stoked when you actually get it. If I had the funds, I'd take the spot. That's a nice guitar, man!

I've stated before that his CS apparently is great with other customers. I know there are a few that put there deposit +/- 10 days from when I did, and have had there guitars since feb-apr timeframe. As far as being honest, he knows my feelings on the whole situation. Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of someone who already has all my money for it. I guess I removed incentive to finish, I know better now.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I've stated before that his CS apparently is great with other customers. I know there are a few that put there deposit +/- 10 days from when I did, and have had there guitars since feb-apr timeframe. As far as being honest, he knows my feelings on the whole situation. Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of someone who already has all my money for it. I guess I removed incentive to finish, I know better now.

Sucks man, here's hoping it's in your hands soon. I'm waiting to hear back now as to how my second build is going. Was supposed to be done in the next month and I haven't seen a single picture or gotten an update past letting me know that it's "in the next batch." It's not so much that it'll be done later than expected, more that there's no semblance of constant contact. I was satisfied with how he handled my first build in this regard, but it's definitely dropped off for this round. He's only got my deposit and a fingerboard though....

I really think he should just close his email down to new inquiries, set up a mailing list for the builds currently in construction and another for the other existing customers. Once a week, attach a pic each of the former to one email and send it out with a general progress description and an updated ETA. Do the same on the ETA for the latter group.

If he did that, I have a feeling things would be going a bit better overall...