GPU Availability

• Thread starter Metal Mortician
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all!

I realize there are severe supply chain issues going on right now, but I cannot help but see that many people in the post your computer thread have noted their rigs with 30 series cards.

Card envy - who knew? (Probably time to go back to counseling)

I have been trying to subscribe to almost any twitter feed, discord server and nowinstock thread that monitors these things. No luck on landing a non-bundled card in time before sold-out.

My question: Short of buying a prebuilt and scrapping everything for the card, are there any specific monitoring sites or instagram/twitter feeds that people are using to get their hands on a 3070/3080 (or Ti variants)?

Yes - bots are an option, but I have no idea on how to write one.

Thanks in advance, everybody!

drgamble

Reaction score
It is probably easier to buy a new computer with the new chips in them than to buy them. There was a shortage on cards before the pandemic because of cryptocurrency mining. Prices were supposed to come down with China banning cryptocurrency mining, but I haven't seen it yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Hey all!

I realize there are severe supply chain issues going on right now, but I cannot help but see that many people in the post your computer thread have noted their rigs with 30 series cards.

Card envy - who knew? (Probably time to go back to counseling)

I have been trying to subscribe to almost any twitter feed, discord server and nowinstock thread that monitors these things. No luck on landing a non-bundled card in time before sold-out.

My question: Short of buying a prebuilt and scrapping everything for the card, are there any specific monitoring sites or instagram/twitter feeds that people are using to get their hands on a 3070/3080 (or Ti variants)?

Yes - bots are an option, but I have no idea on how to write one.

Thanks in advance, everybody!

There are a bunch of discord channels that use bots to notify when products come into stock across a bunch of websites. Best chances are to continuously sign up for the Newegg Product Shuffle, and try to use discord to find when drops occur at Best Buy. Zotac will sell cards here and there, but the site is so jank I gave up quickly with it lol, and EVGA has the notify queue, but it's probably several weeks if not months out for anything remotely desirable at this point. EVGA will sometimes sell b-stock cards at a discount that come with a 1 year warranty. I'm sorry, this is a garbo time to be a pc gamer/enthusiast. I got my 30-series cards after camping out on a discord channel with alerts set up while I was at work (lol) and got lucky even then. Gotta be fast!

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
I appreciate the replies, everyone! Unfortunately, you cannot even sign up for EVGA’s queue any more. Boo.

i just spammed my discord with a bunch of bot trackers, so we’ll see how this goes

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Hmmm, really this is a problem in the US? Here in Spain there are good cards available, the problem is the price that you have to pay for them.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
It still is very difficult to get a 30xx series card. I tried using https://www.nowinstock.net/ for a while but had no success. Tried Newegg shuffle for a while never got chosen. Eventually I decided to buy an ABS prebuild from Newegg with a 3080 in it, took out the 3080 and put it into my flight sim machine, then used the prebuild with the Intel built in graphics to upgrade my DAW. So it worked out well for the price. I did also have a 2070 at the time that I think I sold off for $700 or something. Bought it for $325 used at MicroCenter and when I posted the ad on Craiglist I got like 5-6 replies in the first few minutes! So that sale also shaved $700 of the cost of the prebuild thereby making it much much more reasonable. Prebuild prices have also risen since the time I purchased.