Guitar Pro 5.2 Error Message

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yo guys, I don't know if this is in the right section or not but I need some help. I was working on a huge song, like 200+ bars, 7 minutes long. And it's been working, but just now when I opened it up it gave me this message "lecture au dela de la fin de fichier". I have a genuine version that's registered and everything and I tried to open the file on an online site and it worked but it won't work on my copy of GP5. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to completely rewrite all of it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
From what I can tell this is a bug specific to 5.2.... I didn't find anything on google that mentioned this error and not 5.2

The only suggestion I saw for recovering was to try doing "Save As" under a different name then reopening.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to do a combination of that and retabbing based on a midi file I luckily had and imported. Took me 4 ....ing hours to rewrite the whole song but damn am I glad that I got like 95% accurate to the original.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I wrote a piece that was a sweet mix between Suffocation and Decapitated when I was about 20 and this happened to me. Never retrieved the song lol.