Hardware for headless build

• Thread starter foreright
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

foreright

Reaction score
Hi all - after some opinions on “affordable” headless hardware if I may. Specifically I’m looking at these Guyker bridges for a mini 6 string build for my 4 year old (well... I might let him look at it occasionally;p):

Single-String-Fan-Guitar-Bridge-Chrome.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Now clearly you get what you pay for, and my previous preference in builds has been for T4M stuff (which is fantastic and really well built) but I’m wondering if these will be “good enough” for a pretty cheap build that will be handled by a child.

Has anyone used these specific ones and has an opinion?

Ideally I’d love to spring for something like the Jcustom fx bridge but the wife might need some convincing on that :)

cip 123

Reaction score
Personally I'd go for the opposite end given that it's a child. I'd go higher end, ABM or something. It's for a kid, kids are messy and break things, they bash things whenever they can. On top of that I'd rather have something that stays in tune so it sounds good and may encourage them to do more.

It sounds like you know what to expect from the low end stuff, thats just my 2 cents.

foreright

Reaction score
Yeah that was kinda my thought in reality - just don’t want to pay the money! He loves my Hohner G3T and that has the licensed R-term on it (I believe) that I pretty much always keep locked so maybe the J-custom fixed bridge would be a better idea.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Ive got 2 sets of these guyker bridges already in the UK and ready to be delivered to me from Aliexpress.

Do you want me to put some proper in the flesh pictures in here for you dude? So you can at least see what they actually look like rather than having only stock images to rely on?

@foreright

foreright

Reaction score
Ive got 2 sets of these guyker bridges already in the UK and ready to be delivered to me from Aliexpress.

Do you want me to put some proper in the flesh pictures in here for you dude? So you can at least see what they actually look like rather than having only stock images to rely on?

@foreright

That’d be great thanks - I actually think I might have talked myself into springing for the j-custom stuff though as I’m selling some drone/fpv stuff and can use the money from that.

lewis

Reaction score
That’d be great thanks - I actually think I might have talked myself into springing for the j-custom stuff though as I’m selling some drone/fpv stuff and can use the money from that.
No worries dude.

And that sounds great. Good luck with the project either way

lewis

Reaction score
Hi all - after some opinions on “affordable” headless hardware if I may. Specifically I’m looking at these Guyker bridges for a mini 6 string build for my 4 year old (well... I might let him look at it occasionally;p):

Single-String-Fan-Guitar-Bridge-Chrome.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Now clearly you get what you pay for, and my previous preference in builds has been for T4M stuff (which is fantastic and really well built) but I’m wondering if these will be “good enough” for a pretty cheap build that will be handled by a child.

Has anyone used these specific ones and has an opinion?

Ideally I’d love to spring for something like the Jcustom fx bridge but the wife might need some convincing on that :)

These just turned up and are fantastic.
They are way more sturdy and well built than they look in the stock images. Heavier than I expected (good sign)

Here is some pics -

20200511-112123.jpg

20200511-112157.jpg

Angled for clearance /\ (why I ordered these specifically)

20200511-112212.jpg

20200511-112220.jpg

(lol Ive left fingerprints all over it )

20200511-112227.jpg

20200511-112251.jpg

foreright

Reaction score
Awesome - those do look pretty neat - just redrew my plans for my son's guitar with the steinberger style bridge and it's too big (which I kinda already knew if I'd though about it lol) so these might be a go-er as a substitute. Thanks!

Bobo

Reaction score
Can someone link this affordable headless hardware? I think they hide it under a rock at Aliexpress :confused:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone link this affordable headless hardware? I think they hide it under a rock at Aliexpress :confused:
These: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40000...er_id=53b2248f97da46b9969fb22cffbba821&is_c=Y

That’s probably as affordable as it gets - I’m half thinking of getting one of those dodgy “overlord of music” bridges and hacking it into a fixed bridge though (and covering the tacky text!) - I wonder if they’d work better as a fixed bridge.
Looks like they won't ship to the USA, or at least not where I am.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
  • Set of 3 = $29.80
  • 3 each = 3x$9.80 = 29.40
Why buy them in groups of three? :scratch:

Less packaging maybe? :lol:

Chewing gum sells the same way from time to time. For example 5 sticks for $0.35 or 17 sticks in the Val-U-Pak for $1.50. You could have purchased 4 5 packs for $1.40 and have 3 more sticks for ten cents less...

But anyway. Are these even available for anyone else in the US? Is it just me?

lewis

Reaction score
i cant work out if that is just to translate the page or if that is the list of countries they post too haha

Who knows with Aliexpress.
Im still waiting on 2 orders from there