Hardware for headless build

• Thread starter foreright
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omzig

Reaction score
As an aside the below arrived yesterday - it’s really solid feeling and built by a guy in Ireland - basically a straight swap for the S / T-Trem.

Very interesting looks very well made,does this guy have a site/FB page so i can see if he does the trem version?

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As an aside the below arrived yesterday - it’s really solid feeling and built by a guy in Ireland - basically a straight swap for the S / T-Trem.

View attachment 80939View attachment 80940View attachment 80941
They're kind of like the J-Custom bridges (w/o rollers) at "Headless USA" (and eBay, Reverb, etc.): JCUSTOM FX FIXED BRIDGE

Given the exchange rate, if you want the roller saddles with a fixed-bridge, the ones from Ireland might be cheaper.

If you're wanting a vibrato bridge, Headless USA has XS and R models.

foreright

Reaction score
We are both in the UK - the J-Custom fixed bridge is actually slightly cheaper (by about £10 or so...) but given duty / VAT etc. it works out more expensive. That plus the madness that's going on at the moment with shipping from the USA to UK likely to take a long time makes the Ireland one a better bet for us :) As you say, they have the XS trem (the R is out of stock...) but :holy: at the price of that as much as I'd like one!

I just need some time now to actually start building with it!

Omzig

Reaction score

Cool thx for the heads up,i did infact manage to track this guy down just after i asked you by searching for headless guitar bridge steinberger ireland,which gave me a link to the adverts.ie page you posted :)

His reply to do you do a trem version was NO, this i can totally understand so many more steps and parts,i was infact asking for a mate who has an older steinberger that's had it's mount/pivot plate fail who's been looking for a replacement for it for a while.

I have one of the hipshot/kiesel trems sitting in a box (just started to work up the plan/milling of a vader'ish build for it) which is a really nice unit and cost me about £225 a few years back.

Get on with that build and dont forget to post a log for us.

penguin_316

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, they can't be worse than the single string ABM bridges. Ive never played such a sharp jagged bridge(s) in my life. I ended up having to wetsand all the corners of every string block just to not have a bleeding hand from light palm muting. Solid materials, terrible ergonomics. Don't go AMB...end rant.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Anyone use these? http://www.technologyformusicians.com/hsbridge.php?lingua=2#

Not sure where to buy them yet, but look nearly identical to a headless 8 GOC I worked on recently. Was pretty impressed with the design.
I have an 8 string set, had to email them and buy direct. Very smooth and well built, moreso than the tengdas and aliexpress or strandberg bridges I have. Comparable quality to say Hipshot's headless system.

foreright

Reaction score
Anyone use these? http://www.technologyformusicians.com/hsbridge.php?lingua=2#

Not sure where to buy them yet, but look nearly identical to a headless 8 GOC I worked on recently. Was pretty impressed with the design.

Yep I used those on my two Strandberg clones - as above they are very nice quality and no complaints from me. I have the originals with Teflon washers - I believe the latest ones use mini bearings instead. Not the cheapest but great customer support too. I think the stuff GOC uses is pretty much a straight copy of the TFM tuners?

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yep I used those on my two Strandberg clones - as above they are very nice quality and no complaints from me. I have the originals with Teflon washers - I believe the latest ones use mini bearings instead. Not the cheapest but great customer support too. I think the stuff GOC uses is pretty much a straight copy of the TFM tuners?
most of the chinese tuners are straight copies of T4m ime. Tengda and the aliexpress ones I have definitely are

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yep - the Tengda / aliexpress copies don't work out all that cheaper either from what I remember of last time I looked.
the tengdas are about half the price of the t4ms normally ime. The aliexpress clones are even cheaper (and they feel like it too).

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
most of the chinese tuners are straight copies of T4m ime. Tengda and the aliexpress ones I have definitely are

t4m has some choice things to say about tengda and aliexpress.
He won't even ship me parts. He's that mad.

No way there isn't a price difference though.

KR250

Build addict
Reaction score
Good info, I'll support T4M for my upcoming 10 string. Just got a reply back with pricing which is reasonable (purchase directly).

"We have recently redesigned our saddles by substituting the teflon washers with micro ball bearings for an extraordinary smoothness and by rounding the upper part of the saddle for a more ergonomic shape."

Omzig

Reaction score
koloss is now selling their headless bridges for a whopping 90 dollars a set.

Humm thx for the heads up, very very interesting there aviator II headless trem has a Schaller low pro kinda vibe

5276be4108b7ef7234ffceeba2c878f9.jpg

c998fec6-4948-4fd2-b6c1-5658eb1470b9.jpg

And for only $100 USD wtf crazy low price, i think i'll be asking them about shipping to the UK for my next headless project !

Omzig

Reaction score
Humm so im trying to purchase one of these units in Matt Silver but i cant get the login server to send me a verification code to create and account to purchase it.... and the chat system just stays blank, i don't do face book or twat'er,does anyone got a direct email account for these guys or if any one on FB could ask them for a contact email that would be cool

Cheers
Gizmo

Omzig

Reaction score
So i managed to find a contact email for these guys and it seems they are having some issues with the signup server, once it's sorted i'll place an order and update this thread once it arrives (give the time of year i would expect that to be early 2021! )

Omzig

Reaction score
So Koloss fixed there varification code issues...then paypal decided to mess me about with a technical issue with login codes,cant get away from it...anyways sorted that with a call just (talking with the ppl @ paypal is like talking to a freaking robot, all clipped monotone souless dialog)

Ive now sucessfully placed an order for a Matt silver Aviator II trem, $100/£78 shipped via air! crazy low price, so either there quality and are offering a low price to get market penetration or it's made of cheese and will fall apart as soon as i take it out the box

I have some older TFM single bridge units and the hip shot to compare it with so we shall see once it arrives, which might be months or days i can never tell with shipping from china, but i will update once it lands.

Latest posts