Head (Korn) using ESP now, getting LTD sig model

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
original.jpg

http://www.espguitars.com/articles/2005006-welcome-to-the-esp-family-brian-head-welch

Cool guitar, but I am not a fan of EMG pickups.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I bet he(head) has a stack of custom ibbys under the bed... One does not simply abandon THE legacy! :DDD

Head said he sold off/gave away his Ibanez 7s when he quit korn, only kept his LACS Untouchables guitar, also said he dind't pick up another 7 string until he went onstage to play with korn for the first time since he had quit.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'd take a K7 before that, IMO. I really dig ESP a lot, but that doesn't look too special for a sig model. It's cool, but I'm really shocked he left Ibanez for it.

Ammusa

Reaction score
I'd take a K7 before that, IMO. I really dig ESP a lot, but that doesn't look too special for a sig model. It's cool, but I'm really shocked he left Ibanez for it.

My thoughts exactly. It doesn't need to scream signature, but it's a bit boring and I just hate Evertune :(

But still, Ibanez artist department is a bit "stiff" unless you're mr. Vai or Satriani and that's why I understand him swapping to ESP. Maybe the next Head model will be more appealing to me.

s2k9k

Reaction score
Any info on the neck profile? Since he was an Ibanez player, it's safe to bet he is into thin and flat necks. Will the LTD have the Extra Thin Flat profile?

I can't say anything about Head's sig, but I got the H-1007B and that neck is surprisingly thin for an ESP/LTD. I really like it a lot.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
^It's ESP, so no. :ugh:

I disagree. I was never a fan of the inlays on the K7. Love how much more subdued this is. If anything, this seems to have more personality compared to his boring Konrad sig model.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Hes also moved over to Orange amps, unless I missed that bout an he was doing that a while back...?

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Blurry, but took a screenshot from ESP's Instagram video feed. This thing looks really nice. The hardware appears to be a true black and not a black chrome/cosmo black look. That's a positive in my book.

10e4lkl.png

theicon2125

Reaction score
Blurry, but took a screenshot from ESP's Instagram video feed. This thing looks really nice. The hardware appears to be a true black and not a black chrome/cosmo black look. That's a positive in my book.

10e4lkl.png

Head posted this on his Instagram last night. It definitely looks like they ended up going with a matte finish on the pickups.

Screenshot_20170118-221646.png