Head (Korn) using ESP now, getting LTD sig model

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrYakob

Reaction score
Love it! But I almost kind of wish that they kept the pickup switch up by the horn like in those live videos. Gorgeous either way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theicon2125

Reaction score
ESP website is updated with new models. They took the binding off the body. Looks even better now.

xlarge.png

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
ESP website is updated with new models. They took the binding off the body. Looks even better now.

xlarge.png

Definitely looks better without the body binding. I'm guessing the one at the NAMM booth is a prototype? I wouldn't think they would update the site with a pic of the wrong specs. But who knows?

theicon2125

Reaction score
Did Zach Householder left ESP? his sig are not on the updated site

Hmm, that is weird. I went to check which neck shape hisbsig has to compare it to the shape on Head's signature and it's definitely not there. But he's still listed in their artist roster. I wonder if the web designer screwed something up or if there is more to the story.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Indeed, it looks amazing without the body binding, and surprisingly it also features a 50mm nut, which is outstanding! I had the chance to play a 7 string Daemoness last year which come with 50mm nuts as standard on 7 strings, and those 2mm added at the nut really do make quite a difference to how the guitar feels (Dylan knows exactly what he's doing). I always thought 48mm nuts were too narrow, despite being the industry standard for 7 strings, keeping the strings too close to each other especially at the nut, resulting in a somewhat confined feel. It's actually quite easy to spot the difference by eye. Another reason why this is a killer guitar, and apparently it was thought through really well.

xlarge.png

xlarge.png

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Definitely looks better without the body binding. I'm guessing the one at the NAMM booth is a prototype? I wouldn't think they would update the site with a pic of the wrong specs. But who knows?

I think so, ESP mentioned in a comment on FB that they still had a few things to decide on, which is why they didn't have pictures available at first. They most likely made a few different prototypes.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
It's nice to see guitarists embrace new tech but I'm not a huge fan of Evertune. The one I have on my 7 string needs to be constantly adjusted to allow string bending, like 10-15 minutes of playing after I set the strings to allow bending, but I guess that's more of a problem with the guitar since other people don't seem to have any issues.

Has there been any revisions of the Evertune or are they still using the same bridges they had when they were launched?

ixlramp

Reaction score
You can get the "BWOOooooo" and go sharp, or being in "no bend" mode. In both case, you'll never have to retune your guitar again, and it's exactly whats it's designed to do..... and as a bonus you have the choice of going BWOOOoooo or the choice of "no pitch change at all". You dont trade the tiny pitch variation for the tuning stability, you get the tuning stability and then, as a bonus, it's up to you if you want it to behave like normal or if you want the no bend mode.
You will have to retune the guitar, and adjust the bridge, although not as often. If the guitar shifts you will need to re-adjust the bridge to keep the saddles the desired distance from the end-stop for the behaviour you want.

> You dont trade the tiny pitch variation for the tuning stability

You do, inevitably. The way it creates tuning stability is by removing tiny pitch variations. You can only have tuning stability if you remove tiny pitch variations.
To be clear i'm not talking about pitch variations once the saddle hits the end-stop, i mean the tiny pitch variations before the saddle hits the end-stop.