Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DancingCloseToU

Reaction score
I didn't notice this topic until today, and now I'm actually on edge waiting until there is pricing and option info on the Carvin site.

I would repost that beautiful picture of the back side, with the neck contour and how tasty the woods look, but I can't find the original link right now. However, I did save pictures and have been opening the folder to look at them every now and again....

:bsflag:
Upload dat sheet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
That blue flamed V8 looks awesome, even the abrupt arm cut is not that big of a deal IMHO, from the new Carvin catalog.

fjj5m087tvd30dt6g.jpg

EDIT: I thought the bobbins were white on that V8, in such case a corrected white balance is due:

2zbfd8ldqu9klpi6g.jpg

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
As someone who doesn't plan on buying a guitar with a headstock for quite a long time, this does absolutely nothing for me. Not that I'd usually be interested in Carvin, being in Europe, but this guitar just doesn't appeal to me.

MJS

Reaction score
I'd would have rather seen an HH7.

You can get one. You just have to convince Holdsworth to play 7-strings first, then patiently wait for them to release the 7-string version... but other than that, it's just like ordering any other Carvin. :D

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
You can get one. You just have to convince Holdsworth to play 7-strings first, then patiently wait for them to release the 7-string version... but other than that, it's just like ordering any other Carvin. :D
So here's what I don't understand about the whole "Holdsworth doesn't play ERGs" thing. How does a signature model actually work? I would think that Mr. Holdsworth doesn't own the rights to that design or something, only the right to his name. Why can't they make an HH with more strings and just not call it a Holdsworth? Or, why must he play an ERG to allow use of his name? There are 7 string Les Pauls. Seems like Carvin would fulfill people's wishes and Allan could basically have free money.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I think it'd be asinine to make a "signature" guitar that an artist it's a signature for doesn't play. I always found it weird when the KM7 was first announced people were demanding floyds and 8 string versions when keith doesn't make much use of floyds or 8's. I think if they release something like the Holdsworth sig headless, it'd have to be something without his name attached. I'm sure there's also some sort of legalities involved too. A single cut headless with 7+ strings would certainly be neat, but I personally dig the Vader over the HH.

ferret

Reaction score
So here's what I don't understand about the whole "Holdsworth doesn't play ERGs" thing. How does a signature model actually work? I would think that Mr. Holdsworth doesn't own the rights to that design or something, only the right to his name. Why can't they make an HH with more strings and just not call it a Holdsworth? Or, why must he play an ERG to allow use of his name? There are 7 string Les Pauls. Seems like Carvin would fulfill people's wishes and Allan could basically have free money.

Politics. Holdsworth is a major bit of marketing for them. They can't afford to offend him and have him take his name elsewhere. Holdsworth may (or may not) have no design ownership over the HH2, but he did aid in it's design and it was done as he wanted it.

Making a HH27 without his backing risks their arrangement.

Whether or not Carvin has ever asked him about it though? Who knows.