Headless Carvin 8 String Incoming?

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the bridge looks fine, the body style is just fat, short, and looks uncomfortable. What I'm really curious about is the back. Things like the neck joint, belly carve etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
^

VADERV7-IG2.jpg

Enselmis

Reaction score
Somebody who owns an HH2 or HH1 has to get one and do a direct comparison between the hipshot and J-Custom hardware. I'm really curious which one will stand up better as I've read pretty good things about the J-Custom stuff, at least the fixed bridge version.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
10406802_910641095626921_4357350525584182336_n.jpg

For those of you wondering what the new Kiesel Vader weighs... This V8 eight string comes in at only 5.875 pounds! This one has the chambered body option, ash body sides, flame maple top, zebrawood board, 5pcs walnut and maple neck.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Man, that orange one is so hot! I hate to completely Francesco, but I honestly think I'm going to get an exact duplicate of that.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Thank you! I wanted to see how they were going to do that transition on the forearm contour. It's weird how perfectly the zebra wood and the limba match - they almost look like the same wood!

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Uh, I photoshopped that. It's definitely not how Carvin is doing the contour, at least according to Francesco's actual pics.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Uh, I photoshopped that. It's definitely not how Carvin is doing the contour, at least according to Francesco's actual pics.

Oh. :lol: Well, good job on that! :lol:
Do you have the actual pic that came from? I don't think I've seen the straight on angle.

Halowords

Reaction score
Even though I'd prefer it in a multiscale and perhaps different scale options (and am inclined to just go with a 9-string at this point because, hey, why not?) I actually like it. Sure, like most, there may be one or two things I might have spec'd differently as a matter of personal taste.

But as Hollowway so adeptly pointed out:

If someone had told me 3 years ago if they'd be doing the Vader model, I'd have asked them where they got their weed, and could I have some, too.

Because I sure as hell did not see them coming out with an 8-string headless double-cut.

-Cheers

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I didn't notice this topic until today, and now I'm actually on edge waiting until there is pricing and option info on the Carvin site.

I would repost that beautiful picture of the back side, with the neck contour and how tasty the woods look, but I can't find the original link right now. However, I did save pictures and have been opening the folder to look at them every now and again....