Helix 3.70 out now

• Thread starter complex-barb.0t
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
New "Bug Fix" update. My Stomp and FX are going bananas and flashing with HX Edit locking up. I don't recommend it. Reset and restoring my backup, hope it fixes it.

UPDATE: Every time I switch patches everything starts freaking out and flashing. I thought it was a usb midi thing but it does it from the units too. Maybe I can roll back to 3.70.

Last edited:

kriff

You've failed me for the last time, Admiral
Reaction score
New "Bug Fix" update. My Stomp and FX are going bananas and flashing with HX Edit locking up. I don't recommend it. Reset and restoring my backup, hope it fixes it.

UPDATE: Every time I switch patches everything starts freaking out and flashing. I thought it was a usb midi thing but it does it from the units too. Maybe I can roll back to 3.70.
Glad I didn't apply this then! I'll wait to see if they release a 3.72.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I seem to have it worked out. I rolled back to 3.7 and it was still doing it. After I restored my 3.7 backup all seems fine. Maybe it was both units hooked up usb together, or midi back and forth. I went back to the Effects just running midi into the Stomp. Was hoping for adding more buttons back and forth but don't need them now. Figured out how to go back and forth from Stomp to Snapshot so I have 6 buttons for stomps available if needed and controlling outboard gear.

Reaction score
So I'm working on a song and whereas my usual go-to is the Placater, I used the 2203 this time around for the rhythm guitars and it sounds great. It cuts through extremely well and sits in the mix perfectly. It doesn't "chug" like the Placater but it does handle certain mixes much better so I'm now a fan. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has recorded with it and what they found.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I'm in a constant dilemma myself between the Placater 2203 and Voltage. Also the Doom needs to not be forgotten. I just traded my Stomp and Effects for a full Helix Rack and Control. Wow did I get lucky! Unfortunately I'm rebuilding everything and having to go back thru old videos to get my settings from all my favorites. Thought they would be stored in the editor, not the unit. Programming patches now.

Reaction score
I'm in a constant dilemma myself between the Placater 2203 and Voltage. Also the Doom needs to not be forgotten. I just traded my Stomp and Effects for a full Helix Rack and Control. Wow did I get lucky! Unfortunately I'm rebuilding everything and having to go back thru old videos to get my settings from all my favorites. Thought they would be stored in the editor, not the unit. Programming patches now.
I've never used the Voltage. Now I need to try it out

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Great Plexi tones. With being a Catalyst amp and having the boost option it's super versatile as an all in one clean/crunch amp for those of us stuck in snapshot world.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm trying to run a 2 amp rig with mine as well. The Mark 4 is a permanent fixture but I keep juggling between the badonk, fireball, Diezel, Placater, and Oblivion as amp #2.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Day 594 of asking Line 6 to make a helix floor/LT sans expression pedal.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
With
Day 594 of asking Line 6 to make a helix floor/LT sans expression pedal.
With how prolific expressionless floor modelers are these days, I'm surprised they haven't... Tbh the stock LT should just ditch the Exp all together because by all accounts (mine included), the onboard one sucks ass and is prone to breaking

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
With

With how prolific expressionless floor modelers are these days, I'm surprised they haven't... Tbh the stock LT should just ditch the Exp all together because by all accounts (mine included), the onboard one sucks ass and is prone to breaking
Yeah mine (LT) is crazy creaky, insanely inaccurate and inconsistent and feels like the weakest piece of the whole package. I hardly ever use it, but when I do it doesn't make me want to use it any more than I have to.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not start from scratch? You know which amps and cabs you like already, should be quick.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah mine (LT) is crazy creaky, insanely inaccurate and inconsistent and feels like the weakest piece of the whole package. I hardly ever use it, but when I do it doesn't make me want to use it any more than I have to.
It was probably a holdover from the POD Floor days where *every* floorboard needed an exp pedal. Hopefully with the next piece of hardware they ditch it. I used to be on board with onboard EXP pedals but now I realize how fucking massive they can be :lol:

Spinedriver

Reaction score
It was probably a holdover from the POD Floor days where *every* floorboard needed an exp pedal. Hopefully with the next piece of hardware they ditch it. I used to be on board with onboard EXP pedals but now I realize how fucking massive they can be :lol:
I think part of the reason might have been for people buying it and saying, 'I'm paying THIS much and it DOESN'T have an expression pedal ??!!??'. Maybe they could just make it 'removable' for those that don't want to use it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think part of the reason might have been for people buying it and saying, 'I'm paying THIS much and it DOESN'T have an expression pedal ??!!??'. Maybe they could just make it 'removable' for those that don't want to use it.
Well as I said earlier given they're commonly being sold w/o exp pedals nowadays hopefully that means the next piece of hardware won't have it. Help reduce the price and size

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I’ll buy your helices with exp pedals for 15% of new price if the next one doesn’t have it. The last thing I want is another cable and another component. Because then you need a pedalboard, and a case for the pedalboard, and then there might be room for another pedal.