Heres the full scoop on the jackson 7s at namm

• Thread starter 7STRINGWARRIOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
If it has a Painted neck or 707 sized pups im gona fucking cry seriously...

Im sick off all new 7s coming out with emgs..... the only reason im not currently the owner of an agile

bibz

Reaction score
I just want to know how long we'll have to wait for the USA 7's. I love my jap jacksons but if I'm droppin' big coin on a guitar (as I hope too early next year, product willing...) I dont want to sacrifice!

And seriously, if they are stupid enough to release a KV7, the mother of all cool guitars, with anything related to the trivium dooshbags it'll be marketing suicide.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it has a Painted neck or 707 sized pups im gona fucking cry seriously...

Im sick off all new 7s coming out with emgs..... the only reason im not currently the owner of an agile

It will have both. Soloists have painted necks in general, and the prototypes all have EMGs. EMG = OEM market-share building. ;)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Also, could somebody PLEASE tell Jackson that if they're going to put sharkfin inlays on a seven, at LEAST scale them up so they fill the fretboard properly.

Thank you, that is all.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just want to know how long we'll have to wait for the USA 7's. I love my jap jacksons but if I'm droppin' big coin on a guitar (as I hope too early next year, product willing...) I dont want to sacrifice!

And seriously, if they are stupid enough to release a KV7, the mother of all cool guitars, with anything related to the trivium dooshbags it'll be marketing suicide.

Why? Trivium - even though I dislike them - have a big presence.

Chris mentioned USAs to follow, but hold on to your wallet, I suspect. Fortunately, I don't need a USA for a Floyd fix.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, could somebody PLEASE tell Jackson that if they're going to put sharkfin inlays on a seven, at LEAST scale them up so they fill the fretboard properly.

Thank you, that is all.

They haven't done it yet - even the CS guitars don't have them scaled up, but they do look better because of the binding.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
It will have both. Soloists have painted necks in general, and the prototypes all have EMGs. EMG = OEM market-share building. ;)

Well no jackson 7 for me then .... FML and fuck guitar companies for not offering passive 7's.....

Petef2007

Reaction score
would be nice to get a rhoads/king V 7 thats a bit better than the old RR7R i'm playing now. Also, heres hoping they don't jam EMGs in all the new 7s

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well no jackson 7 for me then .... FML and fuck guitar companies for not offering passive 7's.....

There's a way around this, you know - Duncan's Custom Shop will make passives to fit the EMG holes, and some other companies are, too.

My suggestion for all of you that DON'T want EMGs would be to email Jackson and tell them that!

Demeyes

Reaction score
I'm definately going to pick up the soloist import. My 2 favourite 6 strings I have are my 2 soloists, the import one is not all that far the US one so I'm happy enough to get an import 7 from them too. I'm really hoping they release it in a few colours others than black. The EMG and floyd thing isn't ideal but I can live with it.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Make a Jackson Kelly with floyd and I'll start thinking about selling a liver :ugh:

A liver? Fuck, I'll sell my feet if I have to :hbang:

Why? Trivium - even though I dislike them - have a big presence.

Exactly. To anyone who think it'd be "terrible marketing", look at just how BIG Trivium is. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean it's a bad decision :2c:

You know pickups are swappable... Why let a little work get in the way of a guitar you really want? Buy pup rings and passive pickups - BANG you have passives. Or just leave the damn space there :lol:

There's a way around this, you know - Duncan's Custom Shop will make passives to fit the EMG holes, and some other companies are, too.

My suggestion for all of you that DON'T want EMGs would be to email Jackson and tell them that!

Exactly! Tell a company what you want and you just might get it, but if you never tell them and just refuse to buy it because of one tiny detail then the company will probably just end the series, which is bad for everyone.

bibz

Reaction score
I think theres more then enough of a backlash over trivium to have it work negatively, thats all. Especially in a potentially burgeoning sect like 7-string. It needs to grow damnit!

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
For $1200.00 I would probably stick with a Carvin and choose the wood used for the body and neck, ebony board, LFR, jumbo frets and pick my own colors and finish [clear matte satin].

That said the USA Soloist I had was my second favorite neck ever. +1 on the SLS head stock, that would be awesome on a 7! I would have to look at it for sure however all the Carvin options would be tough to beat at around $1200 usd.

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
I think theres more then enough of a backlash over trivium to have it work negatively, thats all. Especially in a potentially burgeoning sect like 7-string. It needs to grow damnit!

Doesn't bother me at all, it's not like it's a hollywood undead or attack attack signature. I happen to like Trivum's latest album although the previous other ones were poo. Even though the guitar players aren't a Muhammed Suicmez or John Petrucci, they are capable players and a lot of people like them. The more 7's the better I say :metal:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
For $1200.00 I would probably stick with a Carvin and choose the wood used for the body and neck, ebony board, LFR, jumbo frets and pick my own colors and finish [clear matte satin].

That said the USA Soloist I had was my second favorite neck ever. +1 on the SLS head stock, that would be awesome on a 7! I would have to look at it for sure however all the Carvin options would be tough to beat at around $1200 usd.
depends on if you like Carvins and the "carvin sound" or not