Heres the full scoop on the jackson 7s at namm

• Thread starter 7STRINGWARRIOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
ah man... why can't they just keep it a regular CLASSY king-v shape... :wallbash: this looks too much like they're going for the dean dime range in stead of taking the JACKSON goodies to the next level :noplease:

the extra cutouts are a serious dealbreaker for me, and I was so eagerly awaiting good news on jackson :noway: guess I'll have to keep on looking for a secondhand ke-7 or rr-7 then... :squint:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Well, I'm still confident the coming superstrat shapes well be less... Horrifically, disgustingly hideous.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Had to be the Indonesian DX7 - Jackson doesn't make guitars in Korea.

Oh, and for the record, yeah, they're fuckin' terrible. I owned one.

Ah, OK. I wasn't sure exactly where it came from but I know that it wasn't Japanese!

You know what? I was actually considering getting one, tried it, damn it failed. I would have been playing 7s for years longer then I have if it had been even vaguely playable.

:spock:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party on this, but...

Unless they've improved the 7 string TRS quality a whole lot recently, users of the trem will tell you flat out that's not true. The 7 string version has had lots of issues with the knife edges wearing (very) prematurely, causing the trem to never return to tune, and the threads stripping out on saddle and locknut screws. Unless there's an "upgraded" version I don't know about, the Ping Floyd 7 is a far superior trem.

What does the trem have to do with the lock nut? Both of the RG7s and UVs used the same locking nut, part number 2TL1UV48.

I was not talking about the Lo-TRS (as found on the RG7420) either, but TRS trems in general. The TRS Pro for example is a great all around trem from what I've heard.

As for the Lo-TRS though, both of my RG7420s are fully functional, as are many of those on the guitar's of forum members here. Considering some of these are close to 10 years old, I'd say the TRS aren't too horrible.

Though the Lo-TRS II is pretty shitty. :)

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a whole new thread since thise one isn't that old yet. I just got an email back from Chris Cannella about the 7s and such.

Yes. the rumor is true. We are coming out with a ton of new stuff as well as the new Soloist artchtop 7 strings at NAMM. Neckthrough, Floyd Rose but yes with EMG's. We absolutely fell in love with the combination of the alder neckthrough and EMG's but.. if that is not your cup of tea, they can easily be changed out. EMG is completely solderless so its just a quick pop out for you. They will also be offered in 6 st version. That is as much info as I am able to give but let me tell you, you wont be dissapointed. Thank you for the coment as well as your honest input. Jackson is devloped all around customers annd you are a part of the bloodline. Stay in touch and let me know your thoughts anytime!
-Cannella

Did i just read a archtop soloist 7 in there? Even with the EMGs I am SOLD! I love me some arched tops. I don't think he got my point on why I'm not a fan of EMGs, in 6ers yeah, it is a quick fix... Oh well.

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
I'll keep hoping for a kelly or rhoads 7! but if my money goes up I'll probably land one of those extreme kv's here as well. too much GAS for another Jackson 7 lately!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sooo bored of this EMG-on-all-guitars trend... :rant:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I've played a couple of DR7s, and they were OK, but they were seriously overpriced - and a lot of them were dogs in the upper frets.

That series seems to be totally hit or miss, because the neck and fretwork on my KE-7 is absolutely fantastic :shrug:

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
That series seems to be totally hit or miss, because the neck and fretwork on my KE-7 is absolutely fantastic :shrug:
it is on my KE-7 as well! Had a RR-7 for a short period and that one also was fine (still too bad I had to sell it :noplease:)

audibleE

Reaction score
I just hope they make the headstock a little more sleek and proportional than the Stars hockey stick head they used on the prototype.

Hhahahah I commented the same thing on another post. That headstock was wretched.

Latest posts