High Cholesterol

• Thread starter Joel2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joel2

Regular SS Orgasm
Reaction score
I take zetia and try to exercise daily, but I don't always get around to it. Anybody else here have hyperlipidemia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cant say I do but I am trying to stay away from high cholesterol foods.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's in my family... I don't yet, but I'm assuming it's a matter of time.

Honestly, my dad took various cholestorol meds for most of my childhood, but eventually got sick of the side effects. I think the breaking point came when he became violently ill on a family camping trip in Maine and ended up spending a couple days in the hospital, where they found a blood clot had formed in his leg as a result of one of the medications he was on. When he came home, he basically said, "screw this, it isn't worth it," and went vegetarian. He's not 100% meat-free, but he stopped eating eggs for breakfast and stopped eating meat more than maybe once a month or once every other month or so. This was maybe 10-15 years ago, and his cholestorol is at healthy levels today and he's still medication free.

Sure, it sounds pretty drastic, but if you severly limit your intake of cholestorol-rich foods, you'll make drastic improvements. And vegetarian cooking gets a bad rap - I eat essentially vegetarian these days, and while I usually get something with meat when I go out most of the meals I cook for myself don't contain meat. I'm actually glad I grew up in a mostly vegetarian household, it got me past the "dinner is a chunk of meat with something on the side" mentality, and it taught me a lot about using spices to season food.

Joel2

Regular SS Orgasm
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely a lifestyle change to maintain an excersize regiment and a healthy diet, but it's also good to look at all of the side benefits that come with health. Body, mind and spirit are all interconnected.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
It's in my family as well. My mother had angina twice. I take Lipitor daily with annual bloodwork done to check my levels. I try and walk regularily along with eating right!