How's this mix sounding?

• Thread starter kylendm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Cool thanks. Does anything stand out? Is there anything that could be better?

Ben Lorentzen

Reaction score
Sounds phat. :)
My only thought would be drum sounds.... snare has "same impact" on too many hits.... crazy hard to get programmed drums to sound "live", but to me that is where the difference starts to show the most between great home demos and more pro mixes.

Just my 5 cents.

But a fun listen!

rezafelayati

self-claimed ERG nerd
Reaction score

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Sounds phat. :)
My only thought would be drum sounds.... snare has "same impact" on too many hits.... crazy hard to get programmed drums to sound "live", but to me that is where the difference starts to show the most between great home demos and more pro mixes.

Just my 5 cents.

But a fun listen!
True, I definitely need to mess with the drums because some of the playing is really boring and some times impossible. I think all the velocities are set at 127 too lol.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Hard to distinguish the attack on the bass, perhaps a bit of a scoop in the mids then a slight rise in the mix just to hear the fret noise & such.
I can't tell if the bass is played with a pick or the fingers. Normally I can under ideal conditions. For instance, the track that follows, Daggertrack, I could distinguish the bass nicely in that track.
Other than that, pretty nice I'd say!

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Pretty good so far! I think there's some issues with the low end / low-mids or something thats kind of cluttering up the mix and making it hard to distinguish whats going on around there.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
As others have stated, there's something around the 100-200hz range that's causing some sort of build up, probably the bass guitar kinda' biting the low end of the guitar. Maybe clean up the guitar EQ in that range.

Other than that, solid!

Latest posts