Hufschmid 7 Custom

• Thread starter Felsstein
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
that´s weird that they look different in the pics then :lol:

probably the light though, you kinda need to see the reflection in the pickup to see the polishing rings.

edit: oooh, now i see! :lol: i haven´t really checked out the close-up pics of the 7/8 string pickups until now, and just remember the 6 string one i have :D

found a better pic

microblasted7.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
yeah, i see what i misread earlier :lol:

i misread it as ALL the pickups being shiny and stuff, and NONE of them being microblasted, but it was, of course, the opposite :D

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
6 strings

I even have an other design which I never use which has a bevel on the edges but its a bevel which cuts into the pickup, not a normal bevel... hard to explain.. like a feather thin binding route all around the pickup top if that makes sens?

l_a1b769e408e149a88981484f48477af2.jpg

Charvel-Kent.jpg

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
I DO say mahogany sounds warm, very warm and deep and sweet and bright. It first depends on thickness. Your guitars are pretty thin and that's why they sound so bright and focused and flat in some cases but still great for those aims. Make it 45mm or more and you'll get that fat warm deep sound. "Muddy" is about bad mahogany on not very good guitars.

I so agree with this opinion, mahogany have a warm sound for those who are involved in acoustic guitars. its not so much important for a solid body IMO... and blackdroid pickups have apparently CERAMIC magnets wich "help" a lot for the final brightness :cool:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
^You still dont specify which mahogany specie your talking about... :)

Also Morten cleared it out on the previous page, so I will quote what he said.... :)

the point here is that "mahogany" doesn´t mean anything. it´s like saying a guitar has a "maple top", without specyfing if it´s soft maple, rock maple, quilted maple, flamed maple, or spalted maple. "mahogany" is way too wide a term to mean anything when we´re talking about custom builds. in production guitars, "mahogany" usually fits the "warm/muddy" description, because they use those more common honduras/african breeds of mahogany.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i finally got around to watching the video :lol:

awesome stuff! i love how it sounds like you said "this is your captain speaking" :D
guitar sounds great, and it just dawned on me how thin the body is. awesome! i love thin bodies :)

i love that face in the beginning, when you show the guitar to the camera!

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
i finally got around to watching the video :lol:

awesome stuff! i love how it sounds like you said "this is your captain speaking" :D
guitar sounds great, and it just dawned on me how thin the body is. awesome! i love thin bodies :)

i love that face in the beginning, when you show the guitar to the camera!

Alex came to fetch the instrument today from Basel, we had a really great day today :)

So probably he will make a NGD with his impressions in a couple days :)

I was able to capture the crazy bees wings in the sun, check this out

32254ac679fe84c7e.jpg

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
Patrick, this is one of the greatest looking and sounding guitar ive ever seen.

Thanks for sharing. It was a real pleasure to see it come together.
Bloodwood rocks... :bowdown:

You :hbang:

bigswifty

Reaction score
You sculpt God's instruments! These things are :scream::scream::scream:!
Holy, someday I hope to get one of these ordered... although I'm in Canada. One can wish.
Until then I'll sit in awe at the picture updates :noplease::lol:

Patrick, your a gifted craftsman