I find music youtubers really annoying...

• Thread starter Franko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
you will watch them and like it! @StevenC hahaha

but what can I say? I don't have cable and there hasn't been anything good on netflix in over a year. Gotta watch somethin'

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Oh Crimson guitars is great. I was in a phase where I was trying to learn to build...because I was house hunting, and planned on having a work area...then the housing market exploded and that pipe dream went right out the window.. I still watch that channel and the highline guitars dude for learning how to build even though I can't right now. The highline guitars dude doesn't have the highest production value, but I feel like he has good tips for the solo garage guitar building people.
highline is far better than crimson imo. Crimson is just him shilling his rebranded tung oil/tools/aniline dyes while blathering on for an hour

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Yeah, I like that the guitar/luthier companies post their stuff on Youtube as well. Like for example Graphtech posting a tutorial on how to install a nut, or setup stuff like adjusting a weird trem, setting the pickup pole pieces or soldering. I do find those useful..

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
8 bit music theory is the GOAT. His deep dive into ambient chord progression in Donkey Kong was an excellent video.
YESSSSSSS!!!

I have watched that video so many times in the past 3-4 years (however long it has been since 8BT uploaded it), and it always does my heart good to see so many people around the Internet referencing the video or mentioning that they’ve viewed it too!

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to my SS.org, it really helps my threads. Also hit that notification bell so you don’t miss any NGDs or comments.

thanks to Manscape for sponsoring my screen name. Enter the code: Majestic and save 15% on your next purchase

Dushan S

Reaction score
I am sorry if someone has already said something similar, it is a long thread... But YouTubers are like that because we all make them. Most people want to be entertained first, and learn maybe a little along the way, if at all. For instance, I have also heard from my friend that Beato has became irritating to him... But the thing is, most of the people don't want to watch one hour video about composing music for films, about certain scale mode or recording technique. And He has to make a living, so for one great, useful video, there is a four that are not so great. But it is just the nature of things, and as long as there are SOME good videos, I am OK with that. At the end, nobody forces me to watch videos I am not interested in, and in Ricks case, all those amazing videos he made in the beginning are still there to re-watch and learn.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I am sorry if someone has already said something similar, it is a long thread... But YouTubers are like that because we all make them. Most people want to be entertained first, and learn maybe a little along the way, if at all. For instance, I have also heard from my friend that Beato has became irritating to him... But the thing is, most of the people don't want to watch one hour video about composing music for films, about certain scale mode or recording technique. And He has to make a living, so for one great, useful video, there is a four that are not so great. But it is just the nature of things, and as long as there are SOME good videos, I am OK with that. At the end, nobody forces me to watch videos I am not interested in, and in Ricks case, all those amazing videos he made in the beginning are still there to re-watch and learn.

Thats just it eh, I talk to people on some guitar based discords, and one of the more famous FB group ones I'm in - a major "djent metal" group - seem to LOVE the polyphia/Stevie T/etc style of cracking lame jokes and making weird faces and "djent noises".. so if that is what most of that audience want, they give it to them... I don't get it and can't stand Stevie T or davie bass dude but if people are watching it, someone must like it. Agree on Beato, I occassionally watch and fast forward if its not useful stuff.. he puts out a lot of "old man rambling" content, but it works for him and again, some people must like it to get him the views he wants.

I definitely love 8-bit music, 12tone (does the same kinda breakdown theory videos) - Adam Neely, Cory Wong and the like.. Mostly though, I watch non-musician channels (just because I can only watch so much) and some of my absolute favorites lately are motivational help ones like "Better Ideas" and Thomas Frank. Also love a lot of gaming channels like Summoning Salt.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He's great! He doesn't hold back on anything and it's good shit lol

@Matt08642 I'll have to check him out more, looks like he does some cool projects.

Stemp Fester

Reaction score
IMO the best thing to do with Youtube is;
1. not subscribe to anything - it really doesn't matter because if you watch something YT will just recommend that channel later anyway, plus it saves you from all the notifications.
2. be aggressive with the 'don't recommend channel' button and start with MusicIsWin.

gnoll

Reaction score
On a side note, am I the only one who watches theory vids with 1.5x speed? Just to make that 1 hour video bearable. I don't have the patience :D

No most youtube videos I come across are at a reasonable speed already. (Except 12tone but I don't watch that channel.)

But I like music theory so I don't need much to make it bearable. Although I like analysis more than straight up lectures, that stuff can for sure get boring even if I like the subject. But I guess if it's boring I won't watch it at all.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like Ola's stuff, especially Will It Chug, but ever since @BadSeed and @Gmork posted some of their stuff, I watch quite a bit of their content. Kyle is very honest with his demos of amps and lets you hear them in their raw form and Gmork is the reason that I'm more interested in pursuing a preamp/poweramp set-up. Both of their channels are absolute gold, highly recommend them.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to my SS.org, it really helps my threads. Also hit that notification bell so you don’t miss any NGDs or comments.

thanks to BlueChew for sponsoring my screen name. Enter the code: Majestic and save 15% on your next purchase
Fixed.

In all honesty though, half of the dudes on this thread probably need Manscaped. :lol:

j3ps3

Reaction score
No most youtube videos I come across are at a reasonable speed already. (Except 12tone but I don't watch that channel.)

But I like music theory so I don't need much to make it bearable. Although I like analysis more than straight up lectures, that stuff can for sure get boring even if I like the subject. But I guess if it's boring I won't watch it at all.
To me, it feels like it takes ages to get to the point and with skipping I might miss something completely so I typically just watch them sped up and if I need to really think something to get it, I'll change the speed so my slow brain can pick up the stuff. Most of the time the length of the video just seems to be for the sake of the length, not to explain the points better.

Edika

Reaction score
Even though I'm not subscribed, do not follow and the content is again in the format of lists, memes and other stuff I don't particularly care, I must commend 2SICH for being a woman that plays guitar that is not flaunting skin, boobs and has 10 layers of makeup on for all the simps to drool over and tell her how beautiful and great she is. She seems to be doing quite good with thousands and millions of views so there would be comments like that I think lol.
The same with Claine's World (Dean Lamb's misses) which I prefer the content more as it's quite goofy and she reminds of myself when she's trying to learn something new lol! Plus she's dressed and looks like a normal person!

ExpatZ

Reaction score
I find ALL of the people you mentioned as hating to be far more entertaining and informational than pretty much everything I get reading random who are you types on forums like this, so no.

And yeah, you pretty much sound like a jerk so if that's not what you were going for try giving it some more though before pressing the save button.