I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
What was the issue he originally got it sent back for? I think his interaction with Kiesel product support is the largest aspect of the original grievance over twenty pages. He seems short tempered and they, in my experience, are very good at trying to brush off minor shortcomings when they happen.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
What was the issue he originally got it sent back for? I think his interaction with Kiesel product support is the largest aspect of the original grievance over twenty pages. He seems short tempered and they, in my experience, are very good at trying to brush off minor shortcomings when they happen.

Apparently the tuners were loose and the truss was maxed? He thought that it was permanently damaged as the truss was maxed.

Kiesel essentially responded by saying that the tuners needed a little tightening and that the truss was fine. He didn't like that I guess, idk. Truss is fine, tuners are fine fwiw

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Yea, I'm sure it's fine in reality.

At work, can't watch now...
link to said thread?

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
That's fair, I honestly just wanted to tell the story because it's a wild turn of events but yeah guitar videos need riffs and solos, agreed.

I didn't want to post the thread here either, doesn't seem appropriate I dunno. Salsawood posted it though.
There are many threads like that on SSO...thought it was on here but could not find it.

Ppl post links all the time...no biggie

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
this forum is notorious for ripping Kiesel a new one but for every angry customer there’s how many others that are happy .

it’s all in moderation , every brand has guitars that might not be 100% on arrival , many different factors involved in that .

If tightening a tuner is all it takes to get a killer guitar for a good deal , can’t really complain about that . I’ve seen Ibanez Premium guitars on the wall with the most blown out fret sprout I’ve ever seen / felt ( seriously , you could cut yourself on this one ) but overall Ibanez is a great company . Just perspective and moderation with some people .

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
My Kiesel is absolutely rock solid, had it for 3 years and never had to adjust a thing on it besides intonation when changing tunings, and I'm picky. I had a great experience with Chris Hong and from ordering to 3 years later, my experience has been stellar.

What's funny is that I ordered a vanquish, and then saw this thread we are speaking about, and got worried. It's a 10/10 guitar for me :shrug:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
To be fair, it looks like he sent it back, had it fixed, and then sold it. So whatever the original problems were got fixed by Kiesel (truss rod and tuners). He said in his review that they fixed the truss rod (he suspects they put it in a press) and that the tuners were now tight (he suspects they swapped out the tuner nuts for shallower ones). Sounds like he just didn't like the tone, and ended up selling it because of that. Too bad we don't get to see the guitar between when he had it and when they returned it to him.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
To be fair, it looks like he sent it back, had it fixed, and then sold it. So whatever the original problems were got fixed by Kiesel (truss rod and tuners). He said in his review that they fixed the truss rod (he suspects they put it in a press) and that the tuners were now tight (he suspects they swapped out the tuner nuts for shallower ones). Sounds like he just didn't like the tone, and ended up selling it because of that. Too bad we don't get to see the guitar between when he had it and when they returned it to him.

That's a little reductionist, I feel. They said that the truss rod was completely neutral and that he was tripping, he conjured the conspiracy about the press from his pride. Tuners may have been loose, I have no clue. I suspect that the guitar was perfectly fine if I'm honest. Dude probably heard a buzz on the lower frets and saw a wobble in a tuner and let his mind race, gauging from his posts.

As you say, we'll never know I suppose.

There are many threads like that on SSO...thought it was on here but could not find it.

Ppl post links all the time...no biggie

Fair enough! Just didn't want to break a rule, I like this place.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That's a little reductionist, I feel. They said that the truss rod was completely neutral and that he was tripping, he conjured the conspiracy about the press from his pride. Tuners may have been loose, I have no clue. I suspect that the guitar was perfectly fine if I'm honest. Dude probably heard a buzz on the lower frets and saw a wobble in a tuner and let his mind race, gauging from his posts.

As you say, we'll never know I suppose.
Yeah, who knows. I just fully expected him to say nothing was fixed when they sent it back, because that way he wouldn't have to eat his words.

But, now that I think about it, you know what I bet happened? Regardless of how it came back, he's not going to say, "I guess I was wrong at the start." Nor is he going to say, "it still isn't working, so I'll sell it," as that would tank his chances of a decent price on Reverb. So I bet you're right - the state of the guitar when it came back can never really be known, as I find sellers usually suddenly say everything is good, despite what they said prior. (And in this case, it might have been fine all along!)

At any rate, what I took away from this is: Kiesel actually did a good job of handling the customer service side (as opposed to, say, banning him for life). AND, perhaps most importantly, you got a killer guitar.

It's worth noting that I've bought quite a few guitars that people were clearly selling because they were borderline unplayable. But I just needed to set it up correctly (sometimes having to shim a neck, or remove a Floyd stud plate, etc) and got a great guitar out of it in the end. Kiesel has very consistent output, construction-wise, so I'd be surprised if there was ever a serious issue with one, and it couldn't be easily adjusted away.

(Off topic, but you have a really good setup for these videos, despite being relatively new to it. Nice work! Looks like you know how to do these at a high quality level.)

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
And yet you posted a youtube video? Did you know there's a thread for youtube videos? That's where they go. Next time get it right.

I don’t really see your logic. I’m starting a new topic of conversation and providing a video for context, not just sharing a video. There’s a thread for sharing photos of guitars as well, that very clearly doesn’t invalidate a separate thread discussing a new guitar that includes photos. Imagine this logic being applied to every thread wherein a YouTube video or photo of a guitar was posted, there’d be like 5 threads on this forum.

(Off topic, but you have a really good setup for these videos, despite being relatively new to it. Nice work! Looks like you know how to do these at a high quality level.)
Ah thanks dude, I appreciate that!

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
I take most complaint threads with a grain of dirt. I've seen so many threads of people complaining about such microscopic non-issues that I every time I open a ngd thread I'm thinking here we go again.

There are basically two kinds of people when it comes to this stuff. The kind like my cousin who bought a Japanese Kevin Bond RR and had dcgl swap the pickup to an 81 before even sending it to him. He then goes over it with a magnifying glass and notices an ever so slight bow in the headstock and leaves it in it's case for 20 years because it's "unplayable". Also ivoroid binding instead of plain white binding is a flaw because of the ugly streaks in it.

Then there are people like me who look for b stocks and used guitars that are flawed or modified or beat up and turn them into projects to make them awesome again.

gnoll

Reaction score
I don’t really see your logic. I’m starting a new topic of conversation and providing a video for context, not just sharing a video. There’s a thread for sharing photos of guitars as well, that very clearly doesn’t invalidate a separate thread discussing a new guitar that includes photos. Imagine this logic being applied to every thread wherein a YouTube video or photo of a guitar was posted, there’d be like 5 threads on this forum.

Photos are not youtube vids. Not remotely the same thing.

If all the youtube spam went away, it wouldn't be so bad I think.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Guy gets a broken guitar. Sends it back to be repaired. Is repaired. New buyer claims, hey, this isn't broken!

Dude, like what? Maybe the first guy had no idea what he was doing, but we have also no new insight and being hands on with the guitar after passing back through Kiesel removes any possibility for fair grounds of criticism of the original customer's experience. And I say that fully aware that only a slim minority of TGP posters know how to adjust a truss rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.