I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
Wow, awesome playing! Me like it big time šŸ˜
@Lord Voldemort this is sweet too

I actually really like that Kiesel you're playing in the video too. I prefer these understated builds over all the Ed Roman Quilts and weird swirl finishes. How has that guitar held up for you- pretty solid?

First time seeing guy play and he rips. Awesome playing OP and sick Vader!

Hey, thanks! I'm far less comfortable with these compliments than I am with the confrontations I've been getting, it's why I don't post my music here or anywhere else really.

That Vader was great, built super well. I was a little disappointed in a couple of ways that come down to personal preference though. The flamed Koa top was a $500 upcharge and it wasn't meant to look understated lol, I just got a particularly bland top. I knew that was a possibility going in, and the gentleman on the phone also said that it would be safer shooting out an extra couple hundred to guarantee a perfect piece, but I couldn't afford it so I just went with the normal option. As well, Vaders with trems have a slight design overlook where when you're playing in classical position your knee is constantly against the trem, so any body movement whatsoever makes the trem wobble. I couldn't really find a solution to that, and I play in classical position, so I eventually sold it.

I do wish I still had a guitar that was of that quality though, even if the top was a little plain it was undeniably a gorgeous, perfectly made guitar.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, thanks! I'm far less comfortable with these compliments than I am with the confrontations I've been getting, it's why I don't post my music here or anywhere else really.

That Vader was great, built super well. I was a little disappointed in a couple of ways that come down to personal preference though. The flamed Koa top was a $500 upcharge and it wasn't meant to look understated lol, I just got a particularly bland top. I knew that was a possibility going in, and the gentleman on the phone also said that it would be safer shooting out an extra couple hundred to guarantee a perfect piece, but I couldn't afford it so I just went with the normal option. As well, Vaders with trems have a slight design overlook where when you're playing in classical position your knee is constantly against the trem, so any body movement whatsoever makes the trem wobble. I couldn't really find a solution to that, and I play in classical position, so I eventually sold it.

I do wish I still had a guitar that was of that quality though, even if the top was a little plain it was undeniably a gorgeous, perfectly made guitar.

Comfort in classical position is my #1 concern if I'm being honest. I've never been a "right leg" player. Most of the time I even play bass in classical position, as stupid as it is.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
I want a Vader 7 pretty badly, with colorshift gloss. My day will come.

Mine are solid af man I hardly ever have to tune. Couple years ago I took my V7 trem from my 70 degree apartment on a 30 min bike trip to a jam session in 100 degree midwestern heat. Thing was perfectly in tune when I made it to the doom garage. Lmao I was shocked. Stayed in tune the whole during the whole 2 hr jam session. Also the bike was an old GT RTS-1 if there's any other MTB nerds reading this. Man I'm such a 90's kid still to this day.:hbang:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score

Well I hope you get comfortable with compliments soon because you're really good at playing guitar, man. Sorry to continue contributing to your discomfort.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
But the majority of pushback that my perspective is getting has been much less detail oriented, basically responding to a scenario with no nuance at all. 'dude got a broken Kiesel, Kiesel fixed it and now the new owner is giving the old guy shit when we'll never truly know...'
This is not a nuanced situation.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Setting the neck as OG OP describes in his first post is a common procedure I have seen suggested, even around here, to get the best engagement between neck and pocket. On guitars with a full pocket you can loosen the neck bolts, tune it, and then tighten the neck bolts- but it won't work on JEM (or Vanquish, lol) style routes where the neck humbucker shares the same route as the pocket. Obviously. This is not a flaw, OG OP ordered the wrong guitar to pull this shit on and should have understood why instantly. He still didn't "rip the neck off" first thing, or at all, though.

Reading it again. it still sounds like they gave him long shaft tuners when he needed short, there's really nothing else to infer from his account. The exact language used by Kiesel in explaining the fix may or may not be embellished, at least with all parties being equally suspect. I have no idea what length tuners that model uses.

The input jack issue is something we each can hit with our purses and fix in two minutes. Shoddy, but not the end of the world. OP OG cries about it before sending the guitar back, it returns with it still loose, he shrugs it off (lol).

Seems like he was indexing the neck relief by the strings, on unstable tuners which shouldn't matter too much- but fuck knows, and the truss rod was maxed out. Kiesel states a locating pin was installed and reset of the neck done, implying again there was something wrong or lacking in the original state.

My opinion is that OG OP is a tool, but the guitar did survive him and Kiesel to end up in working order some-fucking-how before it got to OP LV. I sincerely doubt both former parties can escape criticism in reality, but who knows. Glad it's a good guitar today.

Status
Not open for further replies.