I unknowingly bought a Kiesel that someone made a 22 page thread complaining about.

• Thread starter Lord Voldemort
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score

is this guitar one of those items where you get it, your life falls into shambles, and the only way to restore it is to pass it on to someone else or put it back where you got it?

4531x4a09ba711.jpg

I'd never trust a double thick neck. Maybe send it back to Kiesel and see if the factory becomes haunted.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Wait till the next owner gets a load of this thread

is this guitar one of those items where you get it, your life falls into shambles, and the only way to restore it is to pass it on to someone else or put it back where you got it?

4531x4a09ba711.jpg

I'd never trust a double thick neck. Maybe send it back to Kiesel and see if the factory becomes haunted.
8v12qa.jpg

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
The original owner probably dropped 300$ to have an unplayable double thick neck.

Rumors said there's an option 50 when for 800$ you can have your relic finish directly made by Jeff: he ties the guitar on the back of his racecar and goes for a 2 mile race.
Any additional mile is 200$.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Im gonna be honest, and this is coming from a full-blown Ibanez fanboy.

My Kiesel is better than most of the MIJ Ibanez that I’ve played. And I’ve played a LOT of MIJ Ibanez.

It’s mostly the fretwork. I come across Ibanez that need spot leveling and full polishing all the time. And the fret ends aren’t really much to write home about either. Fairly steep angle for the side bevel, and not much in the way of rounding.

The RGs are often so quiet acoustically. I know this doesn’t really mean anything towards quality, but it’s definitely something thats important for me when buying a guitar. This Kiesel is fuckin LOUD.

Locking stud posts are stupid. It’s just another thing for the average, non-enthusiast player to get wrong and break on their fancy Ibanez hardware :lol:

And after 37 fuckin years, I STILL need to shim the damn neck on these things? Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a Lo-Pro bottom out before you could get the action down!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

My Kiesel is better than most of the MIJ Ibanez that I’ve played. And I’ve played a LOT of MIJ Ibanez.

It’s mostly the fretwork. I come across Ibanez that need spot leveling and full polishing all the time. And the fret ends aren’t really much to write home about either. Fairly steep angle for the side bevel, and not much in the way of rounding.

The RGs are often so quiet acoustically. I know this doesn’t really mean anything towards quality, but it’s definitely something thats important for me when buying a guitar. This Kiesel is fuckin LOUD.

Locking stud posts are stupid. It’s just another thing for the average, non-enthusiast player to get wrong and break on their fancy Ibanez hardware :lol:

And after 37 fuckin years, I STILL need to shim the damn neck on these things? Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a Lo-Pro bottom out before you could get the action down!
This post caught me off guard, because the last few pages are so full of shit-posting my dumb ass kept reading this, looking for the punch line.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice to know that I can happily bring a Kiesel to my next acoustic gig :yesway:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ill definitely second the neck shimming thing on Ibanez. Dunno if its a model thing or guitar to guitar, but i absolutely get some that still have sky high action with the saddles bottomed out right out of the box.

Also some models with the oversized neck pocket, you could fit a nickel in.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Ill definitely second the neck shimming thing on Ibanez. Dunno if its a model thing or guitar to guitar, but i absolutely get some that still have sky high action with the saddles bottomed out right out of the box.

"Some of the new CNC programs do not require a shim while some still do, while in the past nearly 100% of these guitars would require a neck shim to get a perfect fourth or more of pull up range."

I'm sure most of us have read that quote on Encyclopedia Harris. Death and taxes, Ibanez and shims.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

That's why I got an M8M

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Alright, credibility lost in my eyes. I take back anything I said in defense of this thread other than wanting to reach 22.

You "played the fuck out of" the guitar, to the point of making a video to dunk on people who nitpick and are "searching for flaws" just to, a few days later, decide that you've found a fatal flaw that you didn't notice or care about before, but suddenly is bad enough that you feel compelled to sell the guitar. You've become the very thing you swore to destroy.

One man's trash is another man's treasure indeed!

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
As a bit of a plot twist, I'm actually probably going to sell this guitar. One thing that wasn't advertised when I bought it was that it has a double thick neck profile. Not thicker neck profile, double thick. Thing seriously feels like a fucking baseball bat.

It's a shame too, I really like this guitar otherwise, but I much prefer the normal neck profile and this thing is well, double that

This is the second most SSO thing your could've done besides of course buying a used prestige. And +1 for openly admitting it's just not for you. :cheers: Been a fun ride fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.