IA Eklundh leaves Caparison guitars.

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fabrice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like his music, but this guitar...
As much as I liked the AppleHorn, I don't like this one. Anyway, at this price it's out of my price range for a guitar. It's more the looks that bother me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
This is even more uninspiring than the plain RG I joked about earlier, and that's quite a feat. Actually scratch that, the body shape is so ugly it will inspire negative feelings. What the hell...

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Kind of unsurprising at this point to see all the hate / attitude towards him around here, but oh well...

I love Freak Kitchen and like his solo stuff (basically Freak Kitchen but more experimental / less poppy), but even then I wouldn't buy one of those. No way.

But I guess the VAST majority of the people who listens to his music are guitar players anyway (if not every one of them), and many of them go to his clinics, buy his lessons, etc., so some maybe will. Who knows.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Damn, that body shape is rough. Looks like the inbred version of a SG.

Maybe the SG horn vibes are intentional, at least based on the other Gibson-esque specs on the 6 string like 24.75" scale (though the Applehorn 6 and Horus have this as well) and 12" fretboard radius.

I'm surprised he switched from DiMarzio D-Activators to Lundgrens, but it makes sense based on the Swedish thing.
That being said - Not a fan of this design :lol: I still maintain the Applehorn was sick though:

1711140230094.png

AltecGreen

Reaction score
I never heard of anyone using Dragonfly/Harry's Engineering guitars outside of Japan. I know about them because Toru from ONE OK ROCK and Yoma from The Winking Owl have used their guitars.

They are not known outside of Japan although a few people in the US have heard of their basses.

An outfit called Zanshin records booked those NAMM tables and represented quite a few Japanese brands trying to break into the US market.