Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
They are branded as Premiums, so probably close to $1k. The biggest factors are going to be the number of them made, if there will be any more colors, and if they'll come with a lot of goodies.

Either way, these are going to be far from expensive.

Perfect, that pink with white pups will be great :D

thedarkoceans

Banned
Reaction score
OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOD

ok,before someone neg reps me:

In my opinion these gently colored guitars look awesome.

rvoteary

Cocaine Enthusiast
Reaction score
any word on pricing, I actually might break my "never buy anything new" rule for one of those pink guys XD

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Im really surprised people are so excited about these. Ibanez has an amazing following for reasons i cannot begin to fathom. If this was any other brand people would be kicking and screaming. Maybe i should give ibanez another try if everyone loves them so much.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im really surprised people are so excited about these. Ibanez has an amazing following for reasons i cannot begin to fathom. If this was any other brand people would be kicking and screaming. Maybe i should give ibanez another try if everyone loves them so much.

What's not to be excited about? People have been asking for the old 90's colors for years. And instead of them being on the budget models (like all those recent crazy colored RG350Ms) they're going to be Premiums, which have proven to be pretty awesome when it comes to fretwork and hardware.

As for people kicking and screaming, show me a single brightly colored guitar (that's not a Gibson :rolleyes:) that gets flack around here? Folks are usually much more inclined to complain about black, and now black cherry/red, guitars. :lol:

Not every guitar brand is for everyone. If you don't gel with the materials, hardware, and neck shapes of Ibanez guitars, then even the best aren't going to make you all too happy. Hence why I think Schecters are pretty shit, the quality is "decent" but everything about them is counter-intuitive to my own likes. It's good to try things though. I recommend you go for some middle-to-high end stuff, much more solid and much more consistent.

Worth noting is that these are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the RG, which debuted in 1987 as a cheaper version of the JEM, hence why they went with the bright colors. Though, from what I hear, we might see a few more throwbacks this year.

jl-austin

Reaction score

Why?

No other company has followed trends year in and year out like Ibanez. Even when I am not wanting a new Ibanez, I still enjoy seeing what they bring to the market each year.

And you know what, they aren't bad playing guitars either! :)

ascender

Reaction score
I think after I pay for my upcoming ear surgery, one of these should definitely be in my future. But ears come first. Without ears (or hands), I don't think one of these beauties would be too handy :lol:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Oooh I want that pink bad. Wish these would have been prestiges, though. Definitely brings back Gambale memories.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I would have preferred a maple dancefloor, but I'll gladly settle for rosewood. I hope they aren't 'shopped, if they are it is a hell of a 'shop.