Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matisq

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why Ibanez didn't include this finish in 7 stings for 2013?
I would buy it in a second!
ibanez-rg721rw-cnf-4928.jpg

ibanez-rg721rw-cnf-4935.jpg

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why Ibanez didn't include this finish in 7 stings for 2013?

Yup, throw on a 7th string and a trem and I'd pretty much have to. I usually don't like fauxbalone binding like that, but they've made it look pretty classy there.

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score

ibanez-rg721rw-cnf-4935.jpg

:sharpie: OMFG This.

I need it ! It looks a lot like all the customs we see around (Blackmachine & co)
Put a pair of BKP in it and it's a killer !

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
what's the true color of the Iron Label 7-string RG (RGIR27E)?

On the Ibanez website and in pictures here it looks light grey but on the sweetwater website it looks black.

The Iron Label RG7s we got in are all pure black. The Iron Label S7 we got is a cool metallic blackened pewter finish, looks great in person. Will post pics shortly if people wanna see.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

MarsupialRebellion

Reaction score
Yeah the 7 string Iron Label is straight up black, with white running around the inside edge. It's very sexy, I just got mine in yesterday. Of course it came not set up, with major fret buzz that I gotta take care of, but even still it sounds great so far.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
The rosewood on my RGD2127z was one of the highest-quality pieces of the wood I have seen.

If by 'high quality' you mean dark, then yes. I'm pretty sure inanely simply stains the fretboard black since rosewood simply isn't that dark by itself in nature.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Actually, many manufacturers dye their rosewood fretboards black/darker. It simply looks so much better than brown on most guitars.

The highest quality fretboard I've seen on an ibanez is the one on my rg3120, though.

AimlessArrow

Reaction score
If only the S5427 had a fixed bridge...Never been a huge Ibanez fan but the newer models are really starting to grow on me. I have an ESP NT-7 on the way, but i'm already debating selling it to try one of these out...

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Damn you people with dark / dyed rosewood boards. The only thing that really bugs me with my RGD2127z is that not so dark fretboard. It's pretty dark yes, but there are brownish streaks that actually bother me. And no, it's not beautiful figuring.

I need to take time to find a good stain here in Japan. They don't sell those fiebing's leather dye stuff here. :(

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
I use this :

114251-230a72b89e17043577e558081016bd85.jpg

Granted, it doesn't make your fretboard black, but it does darken and bring out the rosewood grain very well. Rosewood can be very pretty even when it's not dark

Axayacatl

Reaction score
The Iron Label RG7s we got in are all pure black. The Iron Label S7 we got is a cool metallic blackened pewter finish, looks great in person. Will post pics shortly if people wanna see.

by any chance are you going to post real pictures of the RGIR27E on your website?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
by any chance are you going to post real pictures of the RGIR27E on your website?

I suppose I could, but having inspected the shipment it looks identical to the pics. If you want actual pics of it email me or pm and ill get it to you Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.