Ibanez 2018 models announced(teased) :O

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I always liked the vine of trees on a j. custom... :shrug:

Lots of guys seemingly don't notice that it's a different vine.
The JEM vine I actually really dislike, but the J. Custom vine is eternal GAS fuel. When it starts to get into the body and all that, I dunno, but the vine on the neck imo looks classy as hell. :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Lots of guys seemingly don't notice that it's a different vine.
The JEM vine I actually really dislike, but the J. Custom vine is eternal GAS fuel. When it starts to get into the body and all that, I dunno, but the vine on the neck imo looks classy as hell. :2c:

I actually preffer the Jem vine, its more "simple". The J.Custom one seems too over the top. Like they added too much stuff just so it could be different to the Jem ones

I would still take the J.Custom vine 129891264912681 times over the center big dots

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
They are now officially promoting this garbage on the website:

S1070PBZ_CLB_1P_01.png

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I find it appropriate that Teal Burl shares its acronym TB with tuberculosis.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are now officially promoting this garbage on the website:

S1070PBZ_CLB_1P_01.png

:barf:

Yeah, we’ve had that one over here since winter NAMM. Seems they're dead set on bringing the bargain basement burl with garbage burst to the Premiums in full force.

A-Branger

Reaction score
same with the premium basses. Specially here in Australia that we only get the 5% of finishes offered in the Us, we still got that stupid vomit blue burst

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The store I frequent and I call it the Ninja Turtle finish. :lol: Chuck on a Gruv Gear with either the 4 colors of choice and you're set.

And regarding the burl premiums, I thought I was going to hate them, until Ibanez gave me one with not much burl going on.

38446648_2031846476859492_5814558095765929984_n.jpg

Meanwhile, Japan gets this sweet prestige AZ:

AZ2402MW_NT_00_01.png

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I was about to eat breakfast after I was done on this site...then I got into this thread and saw those bursts. Guess I didn't need those Frosted Flakes so badly after all. :barf:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I like this more than the Koa one, but still, that extra $1k for the top is ridiculous and they know it.

And they'll wonder why the AZ never caught on like they hoped...:noplease:
Seriously... I said this from the start. The AZ line was a pretty solid idea, but the prices are the exact reason why we don't see many being sold. At least I sure don't see any out in the wild.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
:barf:

Yeah, we’ve had that one over here since winter NAMM. Seems they're dead set on bringing the bargain basement burl with garbage burst to the Premiums in full force.

Which is really a major shame, since I'm super excited about that guitar otherwise. Although I suppose I'm always excited for more sabers.
I just wish they did a better job with the finishes. I like burl, and I like blue, but they just aren't bringing them together very well at all.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seriously... I said this from the start. The AZ line was a pretty solid idea, but the prices are the exact reason why we don't see many being sold. At least I sure don't see any out in the wild.

The regular Prestige AZs seem to be doing well from what I've heard and seen.

It's these "exotic" wood models that are kind of silly.

I don't think $2k is too much for them. Especially considering the price hike Suhr made recently, and the promise of a more basic USA Govan model from Charvel not coming to fruition. Still about 25% to 35% cheaper than other similar options when spec'd similarly, if possible even.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The regular Prestige AZs seem to be doing well from what I've heard and seen.

It's these "exotic" wood models that are kind of silly.

I don't think $2k is too much for them. Especially considering the price hike Suhr made recently, and the promise of a more basic USA Govan model from Charvel not coming to fruition. Still about 25% to 35% cheaper than other similar options when spec'd similarly, if possible even.
Compared to other options, absolutely. But I just find it hard to swallow a $2k Prestige model especially the price of the Premium models.