Ibanez 2018 models announced(teased) :O

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zahs

Hmm, Upgrades?
Reaction score
£900 for the 550. Not bad. Although the price points of the premium and prestige overlap a bit too much now.

I’d take an “entry” spec prestige over a high spec premium any day.

Wasnt the whole point of premium was to be the middle ground?

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Yup, looks like the lower-priced AZ's are Premium as I figured. Hmm, I wonder what this pickup switching thing is all about on the AZ's?

This is interesting though i must say:
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-a...Iron-Label-2018-Cerulean-Blue-Burst-Flat/28PA

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Since I am sitting here holding my Premium, I remembered that the prestige fretwork, or something along those lines, was advertised on these well because mine does has ball fret ends. So I'm thinking that may not matter in this case.

Premium fretwork was advertised as J custom level fretwork for a long time; since when did THAT change?

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Wasnt the whole point of premium was to be the middle ground?
You would think that, but it seems its a tier aimed directly at the all exotic woods all the time crowd as it currently stands. It was probably decided that they would have to be indo made because the MIJ price tag with all the fancy woods (arnt most of them 11 piece Wenge/Bubinga/Maple/Purpleheart necks now?) and finishes going on on those would be..... shocking to most people and it would be more profitable to sell a decent amount at a semi-moderate price by making them in Indonesia and with lower grade hardware rather than have a whole new line of almost j customs. The iron labels are more lined up to be that middle ground in most cases, most retailing around 899

Last edited:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm a little bummed the Talman strat variants have been discontinued, no more 3S pickup models. Though it's to be expected now the new AZs are up the forefront. I like the espresso burst model best, and may get one in the future.

Also an upright bass? Seriously? Hoo boy. :drool:

Rawkmann

Reaction score
Pretty disappointing since the S models are the only Ibbys I really care about and it looks like they are being neglected once again. The expansion of the SA series is cool but meh on everything else.

TGN

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Gotoh T1802 and T1502 bridges on the AZ2402 and AZ242?

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing since the S models are the only Ibbys I really care about and it looks like they are being neglected once again. The expansion of the SA series is cool but meh on everything else.
Exactly..... like most of the years the guitars i would really want are not available in my area. And they didnt released anything new in their regular lineup (excluding those Vintage style strats) just "remastered" some old things. I would instantly go for some RG550s but probably they will be overpriced in EU. Those days are over when a Prestige model was around 1000e now they atacking sometimes 2200. :/

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Exactly..... like most of the years the guitars i would really want are not available in my area. And they didnt released anything new in their regular lineup (excluding those Vintage style strats) just "remastered" some old things. I would instantly go for some RG550s but probably they will be overpriced in EU. Those days are over when a Prestige model was around 1000e now they atacking sometimes 2200. :/

Someone said that the 550s are 900 euros earlier in this thread.

Latest posts