Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which is why the Internet outrage is a bit unfounded, IMHO. But to each their own.

I don't know if it's as much about the quality as it is the value proposition.

Again, I'm cool with it, but I can see some folks not being so.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
There's a whole ton of recency bias going on here, because not too far back this place was full of recommendations to stay away from MII Premium Ibanez guitars because of QC issues, bad fretwork, dead wood, etc... and tons of recommendations to buy a used MIJ Prestige instead. But whatever I'll stick with my MAGA guitars.

Which is why the Internet outrage is a bit unfounded, IMHO. But to each their own.

I love how, even though I expressly stated I'd still buy one, but simply have an issue with thinking MII guitars have reached the point where $1500 without a case is acceptable, again allow me to reiterate - I plan on buying one and even discussed from whom with Max, somehow equals INTERNET OUTRAGE in your mind? I'm not saying you're a dick, Jeff, I'm just saying you have dick tendencies.

Last edited:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
There's a whole ton of recency bias going on here, because not too far back this place was full of recommendations to stay away from MII Premium Ibanez guitars because of QC issues, bad fretwork, dead wood, etc... and tons of recommendations to buy a used MIJ Prestige instead. But whatever I'll stick with my MAGA guitars.

I love how, even though I expressly stated I'd still buy one, but simply have an issue with thinking MII guitars have reached the point where $1500 without a case is acceptable, again allow me to reiterate - I plan on buying one and even discussed from whom with Max, somehow equals INTERNET OUTRAGE in your mind? I'm not saying you're a dick, Jeff, I'm just saying you have dick tendencies.

Go fuck yourself, dude. You don’t know me.

Seriously, @MaxOfMetal, this kind of shit behavior is allowed here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a whole ton of recency bias going on here, because not too far back this place was full of recommendations to stay away from MII Premium Ibanez guitars because of QC issues, bad fretwork, dead wood, etc... and tons of recommendations to buy a used MIJ Prestige instead.

Quality can change. Processes change. Personnel changes. Tooling changes. Management decides to allocate more or less to QA/QC. Bad batches can taint opinions, just as good ones can.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Wait is the outrage over the PRS or the Ibanez being made somewhere? Even US built Fender custom shop guitars hand made by Ron Thorn are “imports” to all but one single country...

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
EDIT

yes, Standards were always MII. Customs just started there last year.[/QUOTE]
Wait is the outrage over the PRS or the Ibanez being made somewhere? Even US built Fender custom shop guitars hand made by Ron Thorn are “imports” to all but one single country...

Nah. It's the internet and because I completely disagree with someone and I feel I have enough proof for me to feel a certain way, the flamey trolls have to surface and try to stoke a fire that doesnt exist.

Literally my only issue was I was surprised to see that MII guitars without cases now command $1500 to no ones surprise but me. I have zero issues with paying $1k for MIK and I own a bunch... but at that price point of the EH10 I disagree (was actually shocked) with the valuation. Again, I said several times I'm most likely going to buy one, but I'm interested to see the reviews. And to reiterate, I literally just bought a MII G&L and spewed all over several threads about how excited I am and how it has zero negative reviews from what I can find. I bought it over a MIM Fender or used MIJ.

I think someone tried to suggest I care about resale hence the concern over MII but nope... I own a metric fuckton of low value guitars like older non-Wolfgang Peaveys. If it's good then it's good. If a MII guitar A/B'd against a MIJ/MIM/MIA/etc is as good then I could less care. My MIK Loomis is one of the best guitars I own (and that's comparing against three PRS PS I own).

Anyways, I'm sure some more trolls will pop up to tell me how I know nothing about Ibanez, but I'm happy to see them branching out and making more "traditional" superstrat designs like the (MIJ only duh) AZ line, and even the more flashy but still atypical (not RG or S bodies) like the EH or Polyphia sig guitars.

Tl;dr the INTERNET OUTRAGE is palpable lol.

Anywho, back to Ibanez and Trump... nothing to see here.

Last edited:

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
More on the level of the "standard" series stuff.

The thing about Indonesian Ibanez (and many other brands too) is that it's inconsistent in quality. Definitely something you should try before buying, or purchase from a shop with a solid return policy/good customer service.

Btw this was the first hit I got for "Ibanez Indo". Literally all I was referencing when I thought $1500 was a lot based on what I had heard on this very board regarding MII Ibanez.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Btw this was the first hit I got for "Ibanez Indo". Literally all I was referencing when I thought $1500 was a lot based on what I had heard on this very board regarding MII Ibanez.

Here's what I was commenting on:

"The iron labes were about the same quality as the premiums right? Only more "metal oriented" in look and sound?

I've never tried an indonesian Ibanez. How is the craftsmanship compared to the japanese?"

The Iron Label weren't meant to be 1:1 with Premiums. They are spec upgraded Standard models.

And I stand by what I said about inconsistent quality. That's why I recommended a dealer like Ibanez Rules who goes above and beyond to make sure you get a great example of whatever model you order

Just giving some context. :shrug:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Nah. It's the internet and because I completely disagree with someone and I feel I have enough proof for me to feel a certain way, the flamey trolls have to surface and try to stoke a fire that doesnt exist.

Literally my only issue was I was surprised to see that MII guitars without cases now command $1500 to no ones surprise but me. I have zero issues with paying $1k for MIK and I own a bunch... but at that price point of the EH10 I disagree (was actually shocked) with the valuation. Again, I said several times I'm most likely going to buy one, but I'm interested to see the reviews. And to reiterate, I literally just bought a MII G&L and spewed all over several threads about how excited I am and how it has zero negative reviews from what I can find. I bought it over a MIM Fender or used MIJ.

I think someone tried to suggest I care about resale hence the concern over MII but nope... I own a metric fuckton of low value guitars like older non-Wolfgang Peaveys. If it's good then it's good. If a MII guitar A/B'd against a MIJ/MIM/MIA/etc is as good then I could less care. My MIK Loomis is one of the best guitars I own (and that's comparing against three PRS PS I own).

Anyways, I'm sure some more trolls will pop up to tell me how I know nothing about Ibanez, but I'm happy to see them branching out and making more "traditional" superstrat designs like the (MIJ only duh) AZ line, and even the more flashy but still atypical (not RG or S bodies) like the EH or Polyphia sig guitars.

Tl;dr the INTERNET OUTRAGE is palpable lol.

Anywho, back to Ibanez and Trump... nothing to see here.

Pointing out that you’re mistaken about a line doesn’t make someone a troll, dude. But yes, let’s continue with the name calling. Apparently you didn’t get the warning from Max.
The MIJ AZ’s have always been $2000+. Not sure why a $1500 signature would have ever been misconstrued as an MIJ guitar in the first place, but whatever.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
It's pretty disingenuous that you didn't post what I was actually replying to.

Here's what I was commenting on:

"The iron labes were about the same quality as the premiums right? Only more "metal oriented" in look and sound?

I've never tried an indonesian Ibanez. How is the craftsmanship compared to the japanese?"

The Iron Label weren't meant to be 1:1 with Premiums. They are spec upgraded Standard models.

And I stand by what I said about inconsistent quality. That's why I recommended a dealer like Ibanez Rules who goes above and beyond to make sure you get a great example of whatever model you order.

Sweet Jeebus, man. I apologize I didn't repost the entire thread or include the proper preamble and citations.

So you literally still can't admit I had a point when (IMO) I stated I was shocked that MII guitars were at the $1500 price point yet? Whatevers man. You said Indo Ibanez guitar quality wasnt there yet. You were speaking in general. And that was all I was referencing. And a ton of negative comments came up and I thought it was funny yours was the first.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Pointing out that you’re mistaken about a line doesn’t make someone a troll, dude. But yes, let’s continue with the name calling. Apparently you didn’t get the warning from Max.
The MIJ AZ’s have always been $2000+. Not sure why a $1500 signature would have ever been misconstrued as an MIJ guitar in the first place, but whatever.

Because im dumb and know nothing about guitars obviously. Is it difficult being so cool?

Yes, I too often think well obviously this guitar is only $1500 so it must be MII... said no one ever.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet Jeebus, man. I apologize I didn't repost the entire thread or include the proper preamble and citations.

So you literally still can't admit I had a point when (IMO) I stated I was shocked that MII guitars were at the $1500 price point yet? Whatevers man. You said Indo Ibanez guitar quality wasnt there yet. You were speaking in general. And that was all I was referencing. And a ton of negative comments came up and I thought it was funny yours was the first.

Sorry, reread what you posted. I thought you were still going on about something else. I've edited my post above.

Again, that's my bad.

I guess I was surprised to hear that someone who is typically really knowledgeable didn't know about what has been somewhat of a growing industry norm for the last several years. It's hard to convey the nuance of some of this stuff on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.