Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sogradde

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised Mathias didn't open this thread but well. Winter NAMM is coming and it's about time we start speculating, look at new stuff and cringe over black guitars with brown fretboards.

First new model is online on the homepage: FRIX6FDQM (Iron Label)
FRIX6FDQM_BMG_1P_01.png
Looks kinda neat but after all these years I still think the regular Ibanez headstock does not fit to the FR. Something softer would suit it much better, maybe even the AZ headstock.

There is also a new limited series coming (probably Japan only?) the Gold Collection:
gold collection.jpg
Not exactly my cup of tea but some 80s shredder dude will probably drool over either of those.

Last but not least, I saw a new J. Custom on Instagram, which had a really cool resin top: JCRG1801
jcustom.jpg
I like those resin woodwork thingies, no matter how cheesy they are. Even better if someone builds LEDs into it to make it glow. :hbang:

It's also noteworthy that Rich of Ibanez Rules dropped a cryptic "11/1" on the Jemsite forum. I don't know if that means "November 1st" which would make sense but nothing happened on November 1st, or January 11th. We'll see I guess. I also heard rumors about Ibanez adding more Fishmans but those could be wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Restarted

Reaction score
I really don't need another OD, but that gold TS9 is calling my name. Thankfully no money, no space on board, and no outputs on power supply are left.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I’d normally ask, “do you think they’ll come out with an 8 string trem?” But I know that’s like high school me asking, “do you think she’ll call me?”

That would be awesome. The current 852MPB has been around for a while (two years, I think?), so I'm kind of expecting the 852MPB to get the axe, but I'm also somewhat worried that it won't be replaced with another Prestige 8-string. I sure hope it'll be replaced with something new, even if just a new finish. Of course a Lo Pro 8 would be magnificent. Don't know why 8-string trems seem to be so niche.

cardinal

Reaction score
Ibanez doing an ESP USA type deal would make me fail No Fap November without touch.

One can dream.

The guy who started the LACS is now building on his own: Mike Lipe. I have one of his 7 strings, and he is fantastic (even called me a few times to make sure everything was good). So it won't say Ibanez on the headstock, but if you want some of that LACS magic: Mike Lipe is the way to go.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
The guy who started the LACS is now building on his own: Mike Lipe. I have one of his 7 strings, and he is fantastic (even called me a few times to make sure everything was good). So it won't say Ibanez on the headstock, but if you want some of that LACS magic: Mike Lipe is the way to go.

I saw you mention him elsewhere here and put his name in my “Potential Builders” folder. I’m still eyeing the RG852M as a mod platform.

cardinal

Reaction score
I saw you mention him elsewhere here and put his name in my “Potential Builders” folder. I’m still eyeing the RG852M as a mod platform.

The 852 is awesome. Lipe makes 8 strings too, but his build will be a good bit more expensive than finding a used 852 to work with if you're ok with the basic 852 confines.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I've played that FR, and it's one of the better Iron Labels I've tried out. It's taken a long time for the line to get more consistent with quality so I'm glad the model I played was good.

It's also made me reconsider my stance towards gradient finishes.

Sogradde

Reaction score
Alluding to some kind of us semi custom operation over on jemsite maybe?
Are you referring to the comment made by Rich? I would love an Ibanez semi-custom shop but Rich recently had a limited run done for his shop (similar to the Axe Palace runs) and I think that is the extent of his influence.

Personally I hope for more RG652AHM models. I like the current line-up but there is nothing in there that screams my name (yet). I'd also like more S prestiges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts