Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
And a picture of the back of the headstock that clearly says "Premium" and "Made In Indonesia".

That picture of the back of the headstock is pulled directly from the product page on the Ibanez website.

Still missing my point. Also not featured on some reseller sites.

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-EH10-LIST
^ not mentioned, only in a pic if you zoom in.

Ibanezrules is only site I found which clearly says Chon dude gets his own sig "in a Premium".

We'll agree (or not) to disagree. You think a pic clearly and obviously showing that it's a MII in the PDF catalog but not on the manufacturer website nor most resellers is due diligence. I disagree and think it's disingenuous and dubious at best.

Also... Unless things have changed, one of the reasons why companies were moving their production lines to Indonesia was due to S Korea trying to unionize and wanting fair labor wages (the bastards). We're now at the point where MII guitars are going for $1500 without a case and people are complaining that MIA Gibsons are overpriced? I can buy a MIA Gibson SG 2019 for $900-2k depending on model. It may have shit QC and a cracked headstock when it arrives, but at least it comes with a damn hard case.

[edit: Oh F me I admit you were right all along. If you go to the Ibanez website it is clearly and obviously shown that it's a Premium MII if you scroll all the way down to the section about the tuners and read the back of the headstock in the small angled-away-from-the-camera non-zoom photo. I mean, it doesn't say Premium or MII anywhere, and they accidentally (?) left that photo out of the main photo section above with, but that is still obviously clear enough. Derp I'm a dummy.]

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still missing my point. Also not featured on some reseller sites.

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-EH10-LIST
^ not mentioned, only in a pic if you zoom in.

Ibanezrules is only site I found which clearly says Chon dude gets his own sig "in a Premium".

We'll agree (or not) to disagree. You think a pic clearly and obviously showing that it's a MII is due diligence. I disagree and think it's disingenuous and dubious at best.

Absolutely nothing about this guitar points to it being anything other than MII.

The official catalogs say it's Premium. The manufacturer's website shows detailed pics that reveal series (Premium) and origin (Made In Indonesia). At least two of the largest dealers (Ibanez Rules & Sweetwater) either mention explicitly that it's MII or show detailed pics where it can be seen.

There are numerous websites with advertisements and "reviews" who mention either the series, country of origin, or both.

Nowhere on Ibanez' site is it mentioned or inferred that it is MIJ.

If anyone is legitimately interested in this guitar all they have to do is Google it and there are multiple first page links that tell you exactly what this is.

Anyone who cares enough about where this is built should have some sort of idea about how to figure out country of origin, which in this case is really easy. Even if you're not a regular Ibanez player.

Not to mention if you try it out in person, it's right on the guitar.

Unless things have changed, one of the reasons why companies were moving their production lines to Indonesia was due to S Korea trying to unionize and wanting fair labor wages (the bastards). We're now at the point where MII guitars are going for $1500 without a case and people are complaining that MIA Gibsons are overpriced? I can buy a MIA Gibson SG 2019 for $900-2k depending on model... with a damn hard case. It may have shit QC and a cracked headstock when it arrives, but at least it comes with a damn hard case.

Chill dude. It's just guitars. :lol:

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing about this guitar points to it being anything other than MII.

The official catalogs say it's Premium. The manufacturer's website shows detailed pics that reveal series (Premium) and origin (Made In Indonesia). At least two of the largest dealers (Ibanez Rules & Sweetwater) either mention explicitly that it's MII or show detailed pics where it can be seen.

There are numerous websites with advertisements and "reviews" who mention either the series, country of origin, or both.

Nowhere on Ibanez' site is it mentioned or inferred that it is MIJ.

If anyone is legitimately interested in this guitar all they have to do is Google it and there are multiple first page links that tell you exactly what this is.

Anyone who cares enough about where this is built should have some sort of idea about how to figure out country of origin, which in this case is really easy. Even if you're not a regular Ibanez player.

Not to mention if you try it out in person, it's right on the guitar.

Chill dude. It's just guitars. :lol:

Huh? Literally can't possibly disagree more.

AMS, MF/GC, Zzounds, CME all dont have any mention of MII. Where did Sweetwater say it because I didnt see it there either. Only Ibanezrules.

Here's the enlarged photo from Ibanez website. It's the only mention anywhere and the photo is not in the main photo section, only below and off to the side in the section about tuners. And the MII part is strangely blurry. But that cursive Premium is a dead giveaway.
feat_MAR10_machinehead.jpg

I also think referring to it as "AZ style" is disingenuous, since AZ is a MIJ line.

Meh whatever. We have polarized viewpoints of "truth in advertising". Hey man, I can't be responsible for the damage to the guitar I sold you on Reverb. If you clearly look at pic #7 you can see the crack, even though the photo was clearly not focusing on the crack but on something else. I didn't mention it anywhere, but that photo is the only obligation I had to notify you. True? Maybe. Shady. Definitely.

And the PDF is funny. That's the only place they list country of manufacture. Well, kind of. Where it is MIJ they have in bright red MADE IN JAPAN. For the EH10 it says Premium in cursive off to the side, yet strangely in that same box where it says MADE IN JAPAN, it's left blank. No MADE IN INDONESIA? Hmm. Seems legit. Lol
Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 6.33.50 AM.png

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

AMS, MF/GC, Zzounds, CME all dont have any mention of MII. Where did Sweetwater say it because I didnt see it there either. Only Ibanezrules.

Here's the enlarged photo from Ibanez website. It's the only mention anywhere and the photo is not in the main photo section, only below and off to the side in the section about tuners. And the MII part is strangely blurry. But that cursive Premium is a dead giveaway.
feat_MAR10_machinehead.jpg

I also think referring to it as "AZ style" is disingenuous, since AZ is a MIJ line.

Meh whatever. We have polarized viewpoints of "truth in advertising". Hey man, I can't be responsible for the damage to the guitar I sold you on Reverb. If you clearly look at pic #7 you can see the crack, even though the photo was clearly not focusing on the crack but on something else. I didn't mention it anywhere, but that photo is the only obligation I had to notify you. True? Maybe. Shady. Definitely.

And the PDF is funny. That's the only place they list country of manufacture. Well, kind of. Where it is MIJ they have in bright red MADE IN JAPAN. For the EH10 it says Premium in cursive off to the side, yet strangely in that same box where it says MADE IN JAPAN, it's left blank. No MADE IN INDONESIA? Hmm. Seems legit. Lol
View attachment 70781

Ya but you're never really obligated to say where something is made in advertising.
You can't say it's made somewhere it's not.
Brands definitely do advertise it if it's a good thing.
And you have to say where it's made someone on the thing itself.
But in advertising?

It's not like every amp that's made in China or Asia has a big MIC in the advertising.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

And that's perfectly fine. :)

Do those sites mention the country of origin of every other guitar listed? This is more of an industry thing than specifically an Ibanez issue.

Sweetwater shows clear pictures of the guitar, including the Premium branding and origin.

The same with GC, and Peach Guitar (first page Google result), AMS, NYME (first page Google result, also lists Indonesia as country of origin), and Zzounds.

If they genuinely wanted to hide the country of origin, why bother with that picture anyway?

?

I mean, if Googling your used guitar on Reverb returned half a dozen links on the first page detailing on the problems, whose fault is it really?

I'm all for consumer protections, but at some point you have to row your own canoe and maybe do a little research before dropping $1500 on a guitar you otherwise know nothing about.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Ya but you're never really obligated to say where something is made in advertising.
You can't say it's made somewhere it's not.
Brands definitely do advertise it if it's a good thing.
And you have to say where it's made someone on the thing itself.
But in advertising?

It's not like every amp that's made in China or Asia has a big MIC in the advertising.

They do. It's clearly listed right under the MIC sticker. ;)

And that's perfectly fine. :)

Do those sites mention the country of origin of every other guitar listed? This is more of an industry thing than specifically an Ibanez issue.

Sweetwater shows clear pictures of the guitar, including the Premium branding and origin.

The same with GC, and Peach Guitar (first page Google result), AMS, NYME (first page Google result, also lists Indonesia as country of origin), and Zzounds.

If they genuinely wanted to hide the country of origin, why bother with that picture anyway?

?

I mean, if Googling your used guitar on Reverb returned half a dozen links on the first page detailing on the problems, whose fault is it really?

I'm all for consumer protections, but at some point you have to row your own canoe and maybe do a little research before dropping $1500 on a guitar you otherwise know nothing about.

You won the internets today with Peach Guitar... who can argue with that kind of reference.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They do. It's clearly listed right under the MIC sticker. ;)

You won the internets today with Peach Guitar... who can argue with that kind of reference.

Sorry you got bummed because the pretty guitar you just discovered was mean to you.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW... I'm not hating on Ibanez (I don't have anything against the Spanish).

It's actually more pervasive when it comes to country of manufacture. I'm 100% positive as of a year or two ago, MF/GC always had country of origin listed in the specs of the guitars. Whether it is because they just cut and paste what the manufacturer has listed on their website or not, they definitely don't seem to list that anymore for most guitars, except when it comes to MIJ and they are listing that as a feature. But I know MII and MIK used to always be listed at least on those sites.

I mean, c'mon... I'm racist AF... there's no way I'd buy some knockoff Indonesian strat.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW... I'm not hating on Ibanez (I don't have anything against the Spanish).

It's actually more pervasive when it comes to country of manufacture. I'm 100% positive as of a year or two ago, MF/GC always had country of origin listed in the specs of the guitars. Whether it is because they just cut and paste what the manufacturer has listed on their website or not, they definitely don't seem to list that anymore for most guitars, except when it comes to MIJ and they are listing that as a feature. But I know MII and MIK used to always be listed at least on those sites.

I mean, c'mon... I'm racist AF... there's no way I'd buy some knockoff Indonesian strat.

I think we've reached the point where most folks don't care about where the guitar is made. Not that we haven't been at that point already, I just think it's seeped into the enthusiast market as well as the weekend warriors.

To the point that it's just a non-issue.

I've seen the PDFs of the sell sheets that Ibanez sends retailers and they do include country of origin (it's basically the catalog section plus blurb). Retailers just don't see a reason to post that, and as long as they don't misprint MSRP or MAP, Ibanez doesn't seem to care how much of the sell sheet they repost.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I think we've reached the point where most folks don't care about where the guitar is made. Not that we haven't been at that point already, I just think it's seeped into the enthusiast market as well as the weekend warriors.

To the point that it's just a non-issue.

I've seen the PDFs of the sell sheets that Ibanez sends retailers and they do include country of origin (it's basically the catalog section plus blurb). Retailers just don't see a reason to post that, and as long as they don't misprint MSRP or MAP, Ibanez doesn't seem to care how much of the sell sheet they repost.

Well glad to see you've declared everyone enlightened since a year or two ago, when I tried a bunch of MII Premiums at Sam Ash Manhattan and came away impressed. I made a comment on here and got roasted, including IIRC by you saying negative stuff that Indo craftsmanship just wasnt there yet (I believe you commented on bad fretwork and poor wood).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well glad to see you've declared everyone enlightened since a year or two ago, when I tried a bunch of MII Premiums at Sam Ash Manhattan and came away impressed. I made a comment on here and got roasted, including IIRC by you saying negative stuff that Indo craftsmanship just wasnt there yet (I believe you commented on bad fretwork and poor wood).

Quality has improved as manufacturing matures. It took a long time for Cort SK to get good, and it took some time for Cort Indonesia to get good.

I still think some of the Indo lines are, in my opinion, sub par. Not that they aren't getting better, but I'm still not ready to buy an Iron Label/Axiom Label. Especially not for what they're asking new. Same goes for other makers. I don't think I've ever panned (or "roasted" anyone for that matter) Indo, or any other country of origin, as a whole.

I'm certainly not above buying guitars from "not-America/Western Europe/Japan", I love my Eastman. One of my favorite Ibanez is an Artcore from the early 00's.

Now, I'm a picky fuck. I've been working on guitars for too long, so I'll judge them based on my experience and expectations. I try to be honest and I don't really have a horse in the game. Heck, I don't even really care for much Ibanez anymore.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one. I remember since 2014 my buddy showing me them and I just couldn't get into them at all.

Every song is just that mellow bridge or intro before the fun stuff starts...only the fun never really happens.

Great chill background music, but there's no way I can actively listen to it.

xzacx

Reaction score

How is AZ a MIJ line? I must have missed something on these—I've mostly seen the Premium versions so I associate it with that more than Prestige.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
They’re equally represented by MII and MIJ. The dude is literally riled up over a line he really doesn’t know much about.

Yup I riled and dumb. I made mistake not knows teh AriZona line is mixed so now I fuckboy douche. Derpity. I dont even own any guitars Im just a fuckboy trolling Ibanez. You brang intelligence to convo... Can I be your friend?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup I riled and dumb. I made mistake not knows teh AriZona line is mixed so now I fuckboy douche. Derpity. I dont even own any guitars Im just a fuckboy trolling Ibanez. You brang intelligence to convo... Can I be your friend?

You're starting to cross the line from friendly banter into just being rude for the sake of it.

Don't be that guy. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts