Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 106 31.5%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 45 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 96 28.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Put some DiMarzio Pia's on that bad boi!!!!!

That guitar is HAWT!!!!!

wdvu2hegdfuhj

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So they're gonna do a second "phase" around middle of the year? Or drip out new releases as they come? Not sure if I can wait for a 7 string

jl-austin

Reaction score
I'm in love!!!!!

Okay, okay, okay......

How hard would it be to replace the dot inlays with those gold disappearing pyramids?

I know a shop that would do it, I might have to give them a call.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
How hard would it be to replace the dot inlays with those gold disappearing pyramids?

I know a shop that would do it, I might have to give them a call.
I'd say a fretboard replacement is basically a must. The dots on that base model are offset, so they wouldn't be automatically subsumed by the pyramids.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I know Ibanez is a very numbers-driven brand and they know exactly what they're doing with regards to market share and that sort of thing, but I completely agree that they seem to be "half botching" things.

There are several guitars I'd have bought if they'd been 90% the same but with a critical 10% very different. A good example is that black RG 5170 B with the gold hardware. I can't get past the red pearl binding and it's not an easy fix, so I won't buy one.

The new RG 5120 MPRT? I would completely get one of those, apart from they forgot to paint the back and sides...

and so it goes on and on. But that said, if Ibanez had sales figures to say I was wrong, they'd have changed things by now, so I'm just an old man with a cloud to yell at...
Bro, You just nailed it. Unfortunately :(