Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
can't agree more, Iron Labels are just standards with some makeup, the Premium line IMO felt like a real step up, played an RG1027 a few months ago and it was killer
Idk, I played a neon pink RG something when the premiums first came out and it felt just like an rg350 just with rounded over fret ends (even though the frets were unpolished and really rough and scratchy) and maple neck binding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Idk, I played a neon pink RG something when the premiums first came out and it felt just like an rg350 just with rounded over fret ends (even though the frets were unpolished and really rough and scratchy) and maple neck binding.
Some of the original Premiums were big, fat duds. They have stepped it up quite a bit, but they’re not getting the attention they need before shipping to warrant the price.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Some of the original Premiums were big, fat duds. They have stepped it up quite a bit, but they’re not getting the attention they need before shipping to warrant the price.
With the fugly ass finishes and money they want for a premium RG I would definitely rather invest in a vintage prestige or pre prestige.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding premiums - I think they really had something special with the RGXPCMLTD line (replace x w/6 or 7).
I’ve owned them, and the 7 is still my number 1, of all brands I own.
I would like to see those return.

Reaction score
Yep. If I'm gutting it to put in my preferred hardware and pickups anyway, I'd rather spend 300 on a gio with a cool finish than a grand or 1500 on a iron label or premium with a toilet burl top.

I've played premiums in the shop and I've briefly owned an iron label and they felt just as well built as a standard rg350 or rg7321. 25 years of playing and owing 70 odd guitars from ranging from free to $4400 (probably a 6k guitar these days) has taught me that I would rather be pleasantly surprised by how good a cheap guitar is than disappointed in an expensive one.
... a guitar is only as good as its setup, no matter its initial tier level...

Dayn

Reaction score
The violin sunburst Iceman is tempting me. The shorter scale length and 22 frets usually turns me off, but... it's like having a Les Paul for the person that doesn't want a Les Paul. Depending on price it might be fun to get one to tune to open Dm.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Some more closeups of Clay's orange ATK. The electronics seem basically the same as a Soundgear.

Definitely looking forward to his sig model.

View attachment 131493
View attachment 131494
Saw them live last night and he played this along with one or two others, including a bright orange SR which looked fantastic.

The AZs that Tim and Scott were playing looked great onstage. What really made those guitars go from good-looking to great-looking were the dark fretboards, which they don't put on the Prestige AZs...

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Ok, what are you all thinking that Ibanez will do for 2024?

My bet is that I will still be disappointed...
midnight-staley-pain.gif

Eric

Reaction score
Ok, what are you all thinking that Ibanez will do for 2024?

My bet is that I will still be disappointed...
I bet they are going to really mix it up and do something we’d never anticipate… something totally new… hear me out… imagine if they did a transparent black j-custom with a vine inlay?

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
I bet they are going to really mix it up and do something we’d never anticipate… something totally new… hear me out… imagine if they did a transparent black j-custom with a vine inlay?
I can’t fathom why they would pick such a boring colour to go over such a lovely top.

They have the blue one though. I need to keep looking at more pictures of them from people who have actually bought them before I make a decision. I’m worried about a streaky fretboard as well.

Stiman

Reaction score
They did introduce the AZ2407F in 2 colors. Which I read somewhere that it was intended to give more of a RG flavor to the AZ (HSH configuration with the DiMarzio pickups that are most often found on RGs). That seems to be a step in the right direction IMO.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I can’t fathom why they would pick such a boring colour to go over such a lovely top.

They have the blue one though. I need to keep looking at more pictures of them from people who have actually bought them before I make a decision. I’m worried about a streaky fretboard as well.
It's a pretty neutral, inoffensive color that's almost guaranteed to sell. :shrug:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The one thing I want from Ibanez at the moment is a 7 string Pia, everything else I could want from them I could probably get either from the current lineup or used. But a Pia 7, man... 😫 not holding my hopes up though.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score

I really like the blue finish. I'd definitely recommend buying one that you can see in advance, as the flamed maple tops vary a lot.