Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's like asking for a 7-string JEM or a 6-string Universe šŸ˜…
Yeah... after seeing those teaser shots of Steve's Pia 7 prototype last year I got really excited, like many others, but perhaps in vain. That said, I wonder if now that the JEM has a "replacement" at the Prestige tier, Steve will want to revamp his 7-string signature guitars with either a 7-string Pia or a UV replacement, though it'd probably be the former if at all.

And hey, we did get a 7-string JEM at one point, limited as it was. I think a 6-string UV is just any old RG :lol: minus the cool pyramid inlays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit lmao

My guess is they'd introduce shirts with the 90's/early 00's RG colors that we want and then discontinue them
Completely off topic but is that Karnov in your avatar? Itā€™s definitely a game from my childhood but I canā€™t place it.

Sort-of on-topic:
I would love to see an SML721-7. The six is cool.
I got my hands on the SML721 and would like to give it another shot. My local GC had one for about 5 minutes. It sounded good and felt good. The only thing is I donā€™t need another guitar.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Completely off topic but is that Karnov in your avatar? Itā€™s definitely a game from my childhood but I canā€™t place it.

Sort-of on-topic:
I would love to see an SML721-7. The six is cool.
I got my hands on the SML721 and would like to give it another shot. My local GC had one for about 5 minutes. It sounded good and felt good. The only thing is I donā€™t need another guitar.
It's Abobo from the first Double Dragon on NES, but he does have a resemblance to Karnov!

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
I really like the blue finish. I'd definitely recommend buying one that you can see in advance, as the flamed maple tops vary a lot.
Thanks for the info. I've seen some videos of the older model RG8570Z (same thing but with Edge Zero bridge) and it looks nice. I am hoping to find one without a streaky fretboard.

badatguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If we're starting a wish list for '24, here's mine:

--prestige RGD 7 fixed bridge
--prestige BTB 5 string multi-scale 37--35"
--the tubscreamer mug to be available in stores
Iā€™d like a 7 string Iceman with a 27ā€ scale. They currently have the iron label one but itā€™s a 25.5ā€

Musiscience

Reaction score
More AZ colors for the original AZ would be nice. Iā€˜m not even asking for anything fancy, just a few more shades of metallic. Purple? Silver?

The current AZ 2402 is quite boring in black, white and Govan burst.