Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I’m officially GAS’ing for the RGDMS8. I loved just about everything about the RGD71ALMS but the finish and the fact that it only had 7 strings - and while a few features were dropped in this edition, those two specific niggles were addressed.

Has anyone already said when we think these will hit, or are we still in “don’t hold your breath” mode?
We're getting ours pretty soon actually, I believe Feb/march. If interested lmk.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Seems a bit weird, but correct me if I'm wrong. In Rich photos the RGA necks are stamped F21*****. Does this mean, that these are made as early as 2021? :oops:

Just a prototype, not really relevant. When they hit the market they'lll say F23XXX.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I think back to the heyday of Volumes quite a bit and now realised how perfect of a fit the new RGDMS8-CSM would've been for Diego ;(

easily could've seen it being a signature model for him, combining the best parts of the RGDs and RG2228s he'd always rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
We're getting ours pretty soon actually, I believe Feb/march. If interested lmk.
I though I’d read they’d be rolling in pretty quickly (faster than good ol’ “Not April Maybe May” anyways), much obliged Nick.

Ammusa

Reaction score
Just a prototype, not really relevant. When they hit the market they'lll say F23XXX.
Yeah, so it's quite interesting that these prototypes were made already in 2021. And the J-Custom 7 string had a F19XXXXX stamp 😄

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, so it's quite interesting that these prototypes were made already in 2021. And the J-Custom 7 string had a F19XXXXX stamp 😄
Its as not interesting as it may seem, theyre just old necks they used as placeholders. It doesnt mean the guitar existed back then :)

Ammusa

Reaction score
Its as not interesting as it may seem, theyre just old necks they used as placeholders. It doesnt mean the guitar existed back then :)
Would be great to own one of these prototypes. Any idea where they end up? This is the wild way how a middle aged Finnish guy spends he's friday night :lol:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Hey @Ibanez Rules, just noticed you have the RGA622 having a 17mm flamed maple cap. Please tell me that's a mistake, because if Ibanez seriously covered that up with plain white or black, I'll lose it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Would be great to own one of these prototypes. Any idea where they end up? This is the wild way how a middle aged Finnish guy spends he's friday night :lol:

They had prototypes of these at the Ibanez Benelux showroom near Amsterdam that I got to play. They most likely just keep them there for dealers/artists to use when they visit.

Warmart

Reaction score
Probably not the greatest place to post this, but if anyone knows of a Prestige S new in stock in the USA please let me know! I've searched pretty hard and am probably down to small stores with no web/Reverb/Egay presence. Thanks in advance!

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
That sound you hear is me eating my words because now I want one.

This one really stood out to me in the new lineup. Same fan as Strandberg's Boden 6 I think.

Just a fan of any Ibanez chameleon finish in general!

I literally forgot I owned a chameleon Xiphos I have to find where I put it...

Reaction score
He's had that custom for years. I doubt he's getting a sig anytime soon.
Yeah, I've seen it before, but seeing it again AND in a video promoting a new preamp pedal it kind of sparkled the idea... looks like a cool guitar... the inlays seem to be a bit too much, but a cool guitar nonetheless...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen it before, but seeing it again AND in a video promoting a new preamp pedal it kind of sparkled the idea... looks like a cool guitar... the inlays seem to be a bit too much, but a cool guitar nonetheless...

Yeah, it's cool as fuck.

2221D6F3-E0CE-4A59-B7B5-F3910F2ED876.jpeg

He's had it since early 2015.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Their website is very bait-and-switch and not very accurate with the prices. Also it would be like buying a used guitar as Ibanez would not honor any warranty claims its out of territory.

If you'd like one of these from a US dealer and for a good price, again I'm happy to help.
You'd still have a guitar that only has factory warranty in Amsterdam and it would be out of territory. You may have just misspoke earlier as it is a US model and albake is in the US anyway but you quoted it in Euro from your Amsterdam shop.
Regarding DiMarzio's engraved/embossed logo, I think they'll do it only on pickups that will be installed on guitars from factory (specially on Ibanez guitars, not sure on other brands). The aftermarket bought DiMarzios don't have that emboss/engraving/etching, or at least none of those that passed by my hands did.
Dimarzio's could always be custom ordered with the logo on either bobbin, it just has to be ordered correctly.
That sound you hear is me eating my words because now I want one.

EVO frets have been discontinued by Jescar. anything with EVO's will be dropped or model number changed and refitted with some other fret.
On a side note @Ibanez Rules @zimbloth @MaxOfMetal , do you have any idea why Ibanez hasn't ventured yet on equipping Evertune bridges?
They dabble, the RGD61ALET and APEX30 are both Evertune.
Hey @Ibanez Rules, just noticed you have the RGA622 having a 17mm flamed maple cap. Please tell me that's a mistake, because if Ibanez seriously covered that up with plain white or black, I'll lose it.
That's just me reusing old pages and dropping the ball on a few specs, probably just got distracted on that one. Thanks for letting me know. Fixed.