Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, tilt joints suck. They make you look ugly. No one likes people who play tilt joint necks. Don't ever buy tilt joint necks. Ever. In fact, you should make sure no one buys them. Shout "boo tilt joint" from the roof tops. As a showing of my commitment against the evil tilt joint neck, I will happily accept any and all and keep them under lock and key so as not to hurt your feeble wrists.

You're welcome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's no difference in playability to me, but maybe I'd feel different if there was.
Do you like neck throughs? I noticed a serious lack of neck through options out there compared to bolt-on's now. I can't even remember the last one i've played.
Since a lot of people think the guitar doesn't affect the tone, I'm surprised more neck throughs are not available since it's obviously the best construction for high fret playability.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you like neck throughs? I noticed a serious lack of neck through options out there compared to bolt-on's now. I can't even remember the last one i've played.
Since a lot of people think the guitar doesn't affect the tone, I'm surprised more neck throughs are not available since it's obviously the best construction for high fret playability.

It's also the most expensive option, and least flexible. You need longer billet and have to move the whole guitar down the line.

Most bolt-on, and even set necks, the necks are built on one line, while bodies another, and then mated later.

Bolt-ons also make rework easier, and allow for single SKUs over multiple models with little, if any, change needed.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah, tilt joints suck. They make you look ugly. No one likes people who play tilt joint necks. Don't ever buy tilt joint necks. Ever. In fact, you should make sure no one buys them. Shout "boo tilt joint" from the roof tops. As a showing of my commitment against the evil tilt joint neck, I will happily accept any and all and keep them under lock and key so as not to hurt your feeble wrists.

You're welcome.
Looks like a hit a soft spot on ol Max. You're doing god's work playing one of the worst neck heels on the market.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a hit a soft spot on ol Max. You're doing god's work playing one of the worst neck heels on the market.

The best Ibanez guitars have them, so even if it's ugly, it's worth it since I'm magic and can play them without my hands falling off.

Again, please don't play them and especially don't buy them. I rather they stay cheaper and unwanted. :lol:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The best Ibanez guitars have them, so even if it's ugly, it's worth it since I'm magic and can play them without my hands falling off.

Again, please don't play them and especially don't buy them. I rather they stay cheaper and unwanted. :lol:
I honestly don't find them ugly, I find them unplayable. Truly unbelievably uncomfortable. But hey, you're right, more for you and those who can actually stand them :lol:

Reaction score
image.jpg

Latest posts