Ibanez 2024 NAMM

syzygy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice. That white RG5320C is gorgeous.
Yeah, it's really sweet. Woulda liked it more if it had a 5 way switch instead of the coil tap, but what are you gonna do?

Admittedly my wallet all goes towards college tuition and grocery budget, so I'm not really in a place to be buying new stuff anyways :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Do we not have a dedicated Ibanez thread on this forum?

Research isn't coming up with much other than individual inquiries....

Anyways, I wonder if anyone has bought those Ibanez replacement necks off of eBay for a parts-caster type built? How are the no-name chinese "Ibanez" necks?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Anyways, I wonder if anyone has bought those Ibanez replacement necks off of eBay for a parts-caster type built? How are the no-name chinese "Ibanez" necks?

I kinda figure the entire forum itself is by default dedicated to Ibanez, and then there is everyone else that needs their own threads.

Stiman

Reaction score

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Honestly, it's been incredibly underwhelming so far. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't the same poplar burl finishes on the same RG-style guitars and one single S model with the same finish...

At least bassists got some cool shit I guess.

FormerlyVintage

Reaction score
Looks like they number the frets, that’s smart @jacksonguitars.
This is my cue to wonder why the PGM 10th Anniversary had 25 frets, and why despite being the 10th anniversary model it was released 13 years after the introduction of the PGM.
1623507092-32151900.png

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Ibby's 2024 newz are seriously underwhelming. Boils down to a few new colours for existing models, too few hardtails with the same old vanilla hardware, too many ugly wood tops (in particular with the basses).

Musiscience

Reaction score
Hahahaha I’m going to laugh my ass off if they put out a Hauch sig and it’s not that badass green version.

Schecter put out enough ‘quilt’ maple red top guitars in the late 90’s that I never want to see one again.

Agreed, however baritone 7 string Iceman with an LoPro is enough of a win that I'm not going to complain about the color. Especially given the rest of the 2024 lineup.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
This is my cue to wonder why the PGM 10th Anniversary had 25 frets, and why despite being the 10th anniversary model it was released 13 years after the introduction of the PGM.
1623507092-32151900.png
I’m sure I recall the 25th fret being needed because Paul wanted to play something by Bach or Beethoven that needed the high F or something like that. I like it because it’s ”one more” ;)