Ibanez 2024 NAMM

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
So Dimarzio announced a strap to match the '89 floral pattern guitar. Okay big deal?

A lot of speculation here!

35th anniversary edition re-issue floral pattern release by Ibanez?
That would involve Ibanez doing something that people want. Wait let me guess...the reissue would be a Premium...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

strat2tele1

Reaction score
Hello All,

This may have been touched upon...
Why does Ibanez not just replace the RG7421 with the RG7421 EX that is available outside of US? Yet the RG7420 EX is readily available everywhere.

From EU site

1705773513808.png

Thanks in advance

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
No idea who Wes Hauch is but the specs on that look nice. Personally I’d be missing the tone knob

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
More satin finishes. Hard pass. Glad they are doing stuff with the Iceman again, though. Always thought that was a great guitar, especially the thinner older versions.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Most LACS builds are, it's sort of their default for scratch necks unless the artist specifies differently.

Interesting, didn't know this. Do you know how it came to be that the 5 piece neck became the standard on Prestiges? I honestly don't know where the different constructions stand in terms of stability - I assume once you get into the 7/9 piece rainbow necks it's more about looks than stability, but I don't know about how 3 and 5 pieces compare.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting, didn't know this. Do you know how it came to be that the 5 piece neck became the standard on Prestiges? I honestly don't know where the different constructions stand in terms of stability - I assume once you get into the 7/9 piece rainbow necks it's more about looks than stability, but I don't know about how 3 and 5 pieces compare.

A combination of materials costs, marketing, and just plain old seeing what sticks. :lol:

There was a big push in the early 00's to go multi-lam. It was an industry thing, based mostly on folks thinking the more pieces in the neck the better, a direct contradiction of earlier generations who favored single piece necks.

In reality, as long as it's made right it doesn't matter how many pieces of wood the neck is made out of.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
That would involve Ibanez doing something that people want. Wait let me guess...the reissue would be a Premium...

I would have no problem with that. I have the Premium white JEM and the Premium blue floral one. Love them both. Maybe I got good ones?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A combination of materials costs, marketing, and just plain old seeing what sticks. :lol:

There was a big push in the early 00's to go multi-lam. It was an industry thing, based mostly on folks thinking the more pieces in the neck the better, a direct contradiction of earlier generations who favored single piece necks.

In reality, as long as it's made right it doesn't matter how many pieces of wood the neck is made out of.
Got it. Yeah I've had good and poor examples of both so that's why I was curious. No matter what construction, my experience has been that the super thin Ibanez necks need more adjustment than the thicker ones. I don't mind it, just part of the cost of having those wide thin profiles to me...