Ibanez 2024 NAMM

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Do Prestige AZ models not say "Prestige" on the headstock?
I bet it's because they haven't agreed on a way to fit the Prestige logo above the curvy logo they used for the AZs.

Fits in nicely in the space between the top of the I and b and the top of the other letters for their other guitars.

1707080853283.png

On the AZ, they were probably arguing about whether they need to curve and strength out the Prestige part to match and move the string tree. Looks like the Ibanez logo in not only curved, but it also longer.

1707080978224.png

Anyway, that's just my speculation.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
I bet it's because they haven't agreed on a way to fit the Prestige logo above the curvy logo they used for the AZs.

Fits in nicely in the space between the top of the I and b and the top of the other letters for their other guitars.

View attachment 137795

On the AZ, they were probably arguing about whether they need to curve and strength out the Prestige part to match and move the string tree. Looks like the Ibanez logo in not only curved, but it also longer.

View attachment 137796

Anyway, that's just my speculation.
You could well be right!

"Proper" Prestiges don't need string trees...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Always have been.
For 2 years almost every RG652AHMNGB was firewood, hump necks is their term. I'd have to go over and pick 2 out of 20 that were good enough to fret level and be safe. They kept telling me I was the only one complaining, nothing was going to happen. I'd get calls from players all the time that bought elsewhere trying to figure out why their guitars weren't playable, but no other dealers were complaining. I guess enough buyers actually called in to complain, the first container of AWD's that came in, they rejected every single one. Next batch they fixed the problem, but they made firewood for 2 years because no other dealers were complaining. You have to ask yourself, who was qualified at these dealers to even tell they were selling firewood, or care they were if they could.
The vast majority of dealers never even strum a guitar that comes in. If everyone were like you, the entire guitar world would have different standards for instruments. I know it's a lot of work to go through each one, but we players appreciate it greatly!

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
The vast majority of dealers never even strum a guitar that comes in. If everyone were like you, the entire guitar world would have different standards for instruments. I know it's a lot of work to go through each one, but we players appreciate it greatly!
Here here!

I bought my UV777BK from Rich 20 years ago, and that experience has been my measuring stick for guitar purchases since.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wish they'd use the logo from the JPM on all RG's, especially Prestiges. The prestige logo on a 7 string is just kind of goofy looking, it's too small.

Screenshot_20240204_184749_Gallery.jpg

I do like the AZ's logo. I think the Prestige logo a little smaller and off to the right would look cool.

KentBrockman

Reaction score
I wish they'd use the logo from the JPM on all RG's, especially Prestiges. The prestige logo on a 7 string is just kind of goofy looking, it's too small.

View attachment 137830

I do like the AZ's logo. I think the Prestige logo a little smaller and off to the right would look cool.
I like big Ibanez logos and I cannot lie!

No guitar player can deny!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Always have been.
For 2 years almost every RG652AHMNGB was firewood, hump necks is their term. I'd have to go over and pick 2 out of 20 that were good enough to fret level and be safe. They kept telling me I was the only one complaining, nothing was going to happen. I'd get calls from players all the time that bought elsewhere trying to figure out why their guitars weren't playable, but no other dealers were complaining. I guess enough buyers actually called in to complain, the first container of AWD's that came in, they rejected every single one. Next batch they fixed the problem, but they made firewood for 2 years because no other dealers were complaining. You have to ask yourself, who was qualified at these dealers to even tell they were selling firewood, or care they were if they could.
Is this the green burst-ish Prestige one? If so, can confirm. Not nearly the volume you’ve seen, but my shop’s had them come out through for setups, and they had humps in the necks.

KentBrockman

Reaction score
Is this the green burst-ish Prestige one? If so, can confirm. Not nearly the volume you’ve seen, but my shop’s had them come out through for setups, and they had humps in the necks.
That's the one. Nebula Green Burst (even though it's blue...).

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
The first Vai video I ever saw was There's a Fire in the House from Tokyo playing this guitar, which I'd love to see him bring back some time:

The OG Bad Horsie.

That guitar and EVO are what turned me into a JEM fanatic when his old tech, Roger, walked across the stage with them before the ‘96 G3 show I caught in Boston. They just looked so damn cool in person. Then Vai came out and did “There’s A Fire In The House” and my jaw was on the floor. It was my first Vai experience, outside of hearing “The Audience Is Listening” once before.

Of all his one-offs, that’s the one I’ve considered making a copy of the most.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I think the less branding the better. I don't think there's any logo which looks actually good on a guitar.

Gnarcade

Reaction score
Oh snap, I have one and I adore it, but it sounds like maybe i got lucky? It was the nicest guitar I had ever purchased when I bought it four years ago, and it still plays like butter. I'm not very technically inclined, so I hope you don't mind me asking: Do you think this is an issue that came from the source materials and could develop over time? Also, was the hump in consistent place on each neck?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The OG Bad Horsie.

That guitar and EVO are what turned me into a JEM fanatic when his old tech, Roger, walked across the stage with them before the ‘96 G3 show I caught in Boston. They just looked so damn cool in person. Then Vai came out and did “There’s A Fire In The House” and my jaw was on the floor. It was my first Vai experience, outside of hearing “The Audience Is Listening” once before.

Of all his one-offs, that’s the one I’ve considered making a copy of the most.
Absolutely would love a copy of this guitar. The only other one I dream of is a JEM7V7 with the sustainer.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Urg see Ibanez logo. Urg know gud qwality. Urg use Ibanez last for cooking fire. Urg will be popular now.

Most stuff is outsourced anymore anyways. Branding is an ugly gimmick at best and I've never in my life seen a sticker actually increase the real value of anything. Just my opinion in general, and specifically with logos on guitars.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Yea, there are all types out there. Personally though there's nothing real added to it, and it's common in a ton of hobbies. I think they can be thrown out and things would look better, but actually be just as good.

The rollmark investors will disagree, they are mistaken. The people who visually prefer it one way or another, I suppose that's fair enough.