Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If I recall, Isaac from KL ripped his Fusion Edges from his RGD to put in his new custom Iceman.
Pretty sure he was using stock pickups on previous albums as well and his tone is fucking gnarly!

I'm a weirdo because I like most of the stock Ibanez pickups I've tried like V77/87's and Quantum 7's. The only ones I don't like are the CAP-VK's: I found them to be too hot and midrangey.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Folks just hate stock pickups. The second something goes from a bespoke boutique add-on to just "stock" it tends to lose its charm.

The various trendy Duncan and DiMarzio sets, BKP, Lundgren, etc. were all seen as something special until you could grab them stock in a ~$1k Korean something or other.

This has been the way of things forever and comes with the territory.
I would agree with you for some guitars. For example the DiMarzio Customs that are stock in my 7621 are the shit. Gibson does some great PUs. But especially Fusion Edges? Puh. Reeeeally couldn't stand them at all, the have this weird honky think going, but not in a boutique, djenty Lundgren kind of way, but really plasticy.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Maybe they'll finally discontinue them. If anything maybe taking the Saber completely out for a while will drive demand down the road.

It'll be an interesting but logical step. Make it like the Radius and artist exclusive; only as Jiva models or for an upcoming artist as another ambassador for them.

Nothing makes people miss models like a good discontinuation.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It'll be an interesting but logical step. Make it like the Radius and artist exclusive; only as Jiva models or for an upcoming artist as another ambassador for them.

Nothing makes people miss models like a good discontinuation.

It's been their MO forever, and the 5470 platform is so tired.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Not that I believe it to be desirable, but has Ibanez ever reissued anything from the Roadstar series?

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Not that I believe it to be desirable, but has Ibanez ever reissued anything from the Roadstar series?

The JPCS6 part of the Hoshino 50th anniversary collection is as close as it gets. That and the odd LACS like the one built for Tom Morello.

images

Moongrum

Reaction score
Nope. Assuming you mean pretty much all the pre-87' stuff.

The current (post-87') RG is technically a Roadstar.
Yeah, I meant their kind of classic rock looking guitars.
s-l1600.jpg
IMG_0347.jpg

I'm not really sure where the nostalgia would be for these, so it makes sense they haven't remade them unlike something like the Black Eagle (that at least has the Nirvana connection).

I had no idea the RG was in that series, though.

Moongrum

Reaction score
The JPCS6 part of the Hoshino 50th anniversary collection is as close as it gets. That and the odd LACS like the one built for Tom Morello.

images

These are both cool updates to the old design. The Hoshino one is very in line with what I expect with the modern models, and that LACS looks like your generic 80s JP made guitar (minus the custom art), in a good way, though! I like it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant their kind of classic rock looking guitars.
View attachment 143925
View attachment 143926

I'm not really sure where the nostalgia would be for these, so it makes sense they haven't remade them unlike something like the Black Eagle (that at least has the Nirvana connection).

I had no idea the RG was in that series, though.

They brought the Blazer line back for a bit in the 90's, but nothing really recent.

The "Roadstar" name has been attached to almost every solid body Ibanez design since the 80's. At one point even the Saber, Radius, and Power had the designation.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I love the S but I get the impression they just don’t really sell, especially post AZ.

Latest posts