Ibanez craigslist gold (Idiot content)

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
$100 for a setup wtf?

Tbh I know absolutely nothing about the Buffalo area but I can say that setups in my area actually do cost about $100 (which is why I'd like to learn to do them myself). That's the only halfway salvagable thing about his entire post.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Tbh I know absolutely nothing about the Buffalo area but I can say that setups in my area actually do cost about $100 (which is why I'd like to learn to do them myself). That's the only halfway salvagable thing about his entire post.

Damn, most I've ever paid was 45$. This summer I paid 52 and got 3 JP7s set up with different tunings. So cheap. (Coulda' done it myself but I was lazy :lol:)

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Damn, most I've ever paid was 45$. This summer I paid 52 and got 3 JP7s set up with different tunings. So cheap. (Coulda' done it myself but I was lazy :lol:)

Yea, it's fairly redonkulous :lol:

The last guitar I got setup at a shop ended up costing me about $130 if I'm remembering correctly. That was just a basic setup (for drop c) and fixing an electrical issue with one of the pickups (actually it was probably the selector switch but that's beside the point). I guess they don't get much business (even though they always talk about being booked solid) :shrug:

I don't really know but it gets really expensive really quickly and none of my guitars get serviced like they should because of it.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score

We have so many music stores in our area that set ups are usually pretty cheap, at least in the city. Competition and capitalism and all that. $100 is a total rip off, particularly in the Rochester area.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
That's how you know it's pro, bruh... Come out from that rock you live under every now and again... :rofl:

That's basically how it's justified here :lol:

You either pay 100+ dollars and get a real setup or pay less and get the budget "setup". Which basically means they just put new strings on it. It's awful.

ferret

Reaction score
MOL is Ibanez's model/color code for "Mahogany oil"

I've got this exact guitar, and much as I love it, nothing rare or "prestige" about it.

Somewhere, someone believes these listings though :/

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere, someone believes these listings though :/

And therein lies the problem. There's no way to flag the ad on CL to say that "THE POSTER OF THIS AD IS A LYING SCUMBAG."

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
And therein lies the problem. There's no way to flag the ad on CL to say that "THE POSTER OF THIS AD IS A LYING SCUMBAG."

if that were the case, there would be no used car listings anymore :lol:

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I paid $80 for a setup the other day and felt it was more than fair. A good tech can really do a lot of good for a guitar.

Dooky

Reaction score
LOL WAT:lol: Almost everything in that long winded description is incorrect!

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
damn my setups cost me 45 minutes of my life, and sometimes a headache.

BaDaML

Reaction score
Don't be taken by that ad!!!

In case anyone is wondering, The Holy Grail of guitars is NOT that one; it is the Ibanez GIO!