Ibanez LACS RGA 7-String Dino Cazares

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I usually keep it humble and rarely share my personal guitars, but this one was just too cool not to. This is easily the finest Ibanez I've ever laid my hands on. And I've owned it all, including about 10 LACS artist guitars. The new Seymour Duncan "Machete" pickup sounds badass as well!

This one has an Ash body, Tight-End R bridge, Ebony fingerboard, 26.5" scale, Maple/Purple Heart neck with antique stain, and the aforementioned Seymour Duncan Machete pickup.2020-09-02 14.26.12-1.jpg

2020-09-02 14.26.27-1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korneo

Reaction score
Damend, you did you do to get some LACS Ibanez ?

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Congrats Nick!

Group pic with green RGD and burgundy RGA? ;)
Love that one. This and the red DC inlay one are awesome

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
When their endorsers are coming up with designs like this which surely must be a licence to print free money for both parties, I always wonder why Ibanez makes them the guitar and then they leave...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
When their endorsers are coming up with designs like this which surely must be a licence to print free money for both parties, I always wonder why Ibanez makes them the guitar and then they leave...

He left for very good reasons. I think the better question is: why cant Ibanez use designs like this on production models, rather than on artist customs only. Clearly this would sell like hotcakes if it was offered to the public.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats Nick!

Group pic with green RGD and burgundy RGA? ;)
Love that one. This and the red DC inlay one are awesome

Hehe, thats a bit too show-y for my tastes but maybe one day :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

According to Dino, a lawsuit with Fear Factory caused some issues/friction with his endorsement/sig model, since Ibanez was named in said lawsuit.

I'm also guessing since this has the Machete pickup, this was probably one of his last, if not, THE last LACS he got?

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
He left for very good reasons. I think the better question is: why cant Ibanez use designs like this on production models, rather than on artist customs only. Clearly this would sell like hotcakes if it was offered to the public.

According to Dino, a lawsuit with Fear Factory caused some issues/friction with his endorsement/sig model, since Ibanez was named in said lawsuit.

I'm also guessing since this has the Machete pickup, this was probably one of his last, if not, THE last LACS he got?

Yeah.. you're both right, I forgot about the lawsuit issue that Ibanez got caught up in. That explains a lot.

And yes, if they can't do the guitars as a legitimate signature model, it's a shame some of the designs don't flow down to the production line.

~anyway... HNGD :D

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
This

This one isn't the last LACS and just FWI this RGA was the prototype for what supposed to be his next signature with Ibanez however due to the lawsuit it was cancelled, so this is the DCM100's little brother in it's early cancelled stage

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
This

This one isn't the last LACS and just FWI this RGA was the prototype for what supposed to be his next signature with Ibanez however due to the lawsuit it was cancelled, so this is the DCM100's little brother in it's early cancelled stage

I was about to say, spec-wise (bar the finish) it's identical to what his sig with Ormsby is.

Mathemagician

Reaction score

Guess Ibanez doesn’t like money.