Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aren't nearly all RGs the same except for neck and body material?

There are variations in neck shape, and different series have different hardware, but for the most part that has always held true.

You'd be hard pressed to find a brand that doesn't do that with certain legacy shapes. There's no equity in switching up something like control location or slight contour variation on every iteration.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ixlramp

Reaction score
35”-32.5” for a 6 string? Gross.
C 32.5"
G 33"
D 33.5"
A 34"
E 34.5"
B 35"

I am not too impressed.
Very many bassists happily use 34" or 35" for G so there is no need to go shorter than 34" on the G.
I can understand the popularity of going shorter than 34" on the C though, seeing how many complain about the tone of high Cs.
They have missed the chance to extend the B out to 35.5" or 36", both of which still allow many brands of string to be used (anything with winding length 38" is enough for a 36" scale, such as D'Addario 'super long scale').

35" certainly is not 'plenty' for low B, although it is functional. 35" scale basses still have very significant tonal problems caused by the stiffness and/or undertensioning of the B.
35" was chosen due to string availability concerns, not because it was tonally right for B.
I am bemused why manufacturers have not done the obvious and used 36" scales, they either seem to play safe with 35", or go straight to 37" which is far more difficult to find strings for than 36".

So, if 0.5" steps must be used, my preference for this EHB 6 string would be adding an inch: 36"-33.5", which results in a 34" G. The fanned 5 would then be 36"-34".

zenonshandro

Reaction score
...But when I was in college, a girl refused to date me because I wore a brown shirt with black pants, so that means I can never own this guitar.

:cheers: To someone in the clothing business, this is gold. :fever: I'm having a hard time deciding how i feel about the looks on this fudge brownie of a guitar, but it would all become clear if i saw myself holding it.

Reactions: BTS

Musiscience

Reaction score
Me at the moment trying to find a leak of the catalog.

tenor.gif

georg_f

Reaction score
I only now realised that ichika's bass is an Ibanez.
I thought in the "hardest bass solo" etc. videos was a Strandberg.
So Ibanez's plan here is clearly to get a piece of the Strandberg headless bass pie (if there is one).

dav43, you're the MVP!!!
thank you

So what do we have:
Cool maple fretboard Satriani guitar
Insane gold cracked mirror Paul Stanley guitar (but it'll surely be expensive)
The blue and turquoise RGAs are cool
An S!! They had abandoned the S shapes for a long time. But it's an Axion Label one, with a binding, so it's a bit different
The AZ224BCG is cool
Contemporary looking new George Benson model
The metallic SRMD bass is cool
The BTB basses are awesome

otherwise it looks similar to the previous year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts