Ibanez TAM Owners Check In! - TAM10 / TAM100

• Thread starter MemphisHawk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, It has to happen! There are a hundred TAM10 NGD posts a day going on.

TAM100 and TAM10 owners unite!!! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post pics, mods, whatever.

My TAM for the record.

DSC_8742_zpsbd3e3d52.jpg

Next to one of my sixes

DSC_8975_zps79514da9.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I can say that I like the coil tap switch placement better on the 100 than the 10.

I'd definitely have to agree with you there. It's kind of awkward for me to find it between the knobs and keep fiddling with it, but then again the electronic configuration isn't what I'd prefer for my tastes. It's not a guitar I designed, so I guess I just have to suck it up, cuz I bought it anyways. XD

And totally digging your icon, love me some Fullmetal Alchemist.

And +1 for this thread, especially since I bought one of these and it's AMAAAZING!:hbang:

jmeezle

Reaction score
Hi gize!

1899903_10101041191111852_1962998360_n.jpg

1904156_10101036843115272_2051251183_n.jpg

After three days with this thing I'm finally getting used to it and I love it!

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I think Ibanez is wishing they bumped the price on the TAM10, there are selling like hotcakes.

But on the other hand, if they're selling a ton of these, they might very well be making a lot of money off of them anyways. It's all got to do with supply and demand, and the quality of the product they're selling.

Either way, it's a beautiful guitar for a phenomenal price.:agreed:

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
So, supposing that I could find one for sale, would a M80M neck bolt onto a TAM10?.... Then you'd have a 30" scale TAM going on.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
So, supposing that I could find one for sale, would a M80M neck bolt onto a TAM10?.... Then you'd have a 30" scale TAM going on.

I would assume you'll have to move the bridge a bit too? for intonation and whatnot? all guesswork though, but honestly I would just keep them both intact :lol:

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score

If you were to do that, you might have to move the bridge a bit. From my limited knowledge of guitar building, whatever the distance is from the nut to the 12th fret, it has to be equidistant from the 12th fret to the bridge. Those two models probably have different science behind them, so I wouldn't bet on the two being compatible without some sort of modification.

Has anyone been able to find reviews of the Tam10? I've looked but haven't found anything

Do you mean official reviews or just ones on this forum?

If you mean official, I haven't seen any yet, since this is a pretty new guitar, but I'm sure a few will pop up within the next couple of months.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score

No, sadly this wouldn't work. you could make a conversion neck from 27" to 28.5" or 29.4" / 30", but you couldn't just bolt a neck on, cause the bridge placement would throw intonation out.

Moris_7

Reaction score
Don't know if it's the better place to post my question, but you're probably the best to answer!

How is the neck/fretboard of the TAM10?

When I tried a RGIR28FE I've notice that the frets edge were pretty raw and the overall feeling on the neck was just ok.

jmeezle

Reaction score
Don't know if it's the better place to post my question, but you're probably the best to answer!

How is the neck/fretboard of the TAM10?

When I tried a RGIR28FE I've notice that the frets edge were pretty raw and the overall feeling on the neck was just ok.

Each TAM10 is different so I can only speak for mine but I have no issues at all with sharp frets. Even through these aren't Prestige models they seemed to pay close attention to detail before it was shipped off to the retail spots.

Pyrocario

Reaction score
Ordered my TAM10 a few days ago. No idea when it will get in but I'm in no hurry. Could have gotten the 100 but I can't justify $4000 when I have an RG2228a.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
I plan on getting the TAM10 off zzounds with their payment plan. THey don't arrive until march11 though. If I am not approved (I have been numerous other times) my backup plan is to buy a Schecter Banshee 8 string passive version. How would you say the TAM10 neck compares to a schecter hellraiser c8 neck? I own a c8 special but don't really like it. I don't mind the playability but the sound is way too muffled and dull. I prefer passive pickups and coil tap ability anyways. I'm not so sure about the Ionizers. I may eventually swap it out for a more extreme pickup. What are your opinions on the ionizers for extreme metal? Convince me to invest in one of these guitars!

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
is the TAM100 really worth three times the price of the TAM10? What does it have that the 10 doesn't other than a nicer color and gold hardware?