If you could play like anyone, who would it be?

• Thread starter ncfiala
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibanice

Reaction score
for technique = Ron Jarzombek anytime, or Mattias eklundh

for the ability to create the heaviest thing I've ever come to know in music = Aaron Turner of Isis and Sumac.

Sumac is the most world trembling, utter destruction and most doomsday like music I've heard in my entire life. It's not doom metal (which is just silly at times...) and not heavy metal as in classic heavy metal would be. It's the utter most ground shaking heavy music that those guys have created. I've got nothing to compare them to.

Isis and post metal and some shoegaze in general has made an enormous influence in the music I listen to now and what I feel like playing at the moment. My newest discovery has been mogwai and I can only say that if you don't know them go listen to that band! incredible music!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwert

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious Guthrie (because if you can play like Guthrie, you can basically play like everyone else), I would love to have the skills of Dan Mongrain from Martyr and now Voicod

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious Guthrie (because if you can play like Guthrie, you can basically play like everyone else), I would love to have the skills of Dan Mongrain from Martyr and now Voicod

All of my yes. Martyr was an awesome band!