IMONOLITH - ft. members of DTP, SYL, and Threat Signal

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
29060167_406669666445428_5679806209962038083_o.jpg

After Devin abounded the hiatus of DTP, Brian hinted that he had a project in the works. This appears to be that project. :D

Features Jon Howard (Threat Signal, Arkaea) on vocals, Ryan Van Poederooyen (DTB/DTP, Terror Syndrome) on drums, Brian "Beav" Waddell (DTB/DTP) and Jed Simon (SYL, Zimmer's Hole) on guitar, and Byran Stroud (SYL, 3 Inches of Blood, Fear Factory, Zimmer's Hole) on bass.

Apparently the project's been in the works since 2015, with Ryan and Beav writing stuff since since then. The band was announced a week or so ago, and it sounds like they already have material written.

I'm pretty stoked. Lots of talent on board, so I hope the material is solid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
They finally have a name? Cool.
Wasn’t sure what to think of Jon Howard being the vocalist of choice, but screw it, there’s enough talent and love of these musicians back catalogue that I’d give this a listen.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They finally have a name? Cool.
Wasn’t sure what to think of Jon Howard being the vocalist of choice, but screw it, there’s enough talent and love of these musicians back catalogue that I’d give this a listen.

I was the same way, but I think I can grow into his vocals if he can make his style fit in with the music.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if it'll be similar to SYL at all. I'm also a fan of threat signal so it works. Either way I'm stoked

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
great line-up, awful name. If you have to be told how to pronounce a band's name it can't be good :)

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, that is a little weird, then. “Eh” and then “monolith”? Ehmonolith? :lol:

I told you so! haha. Eeeeehmonolith. them having to correct every potential fan, as well as having to point that out in interviews is just silly.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
This has me fuggin' excited. That is a hell of a line up and I am really curious to hear how it sounds. Don't think I've heard the vocalist but it should be interesting with just those musicians together.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
This has me fuggin' excited. That is a hell of a line up and I am really curious to hear how it sounds. Don't think I've heard the vocalist but it should be interesting with just those musicians together.

If you've ever listened to threat signal then You've heard the vocalist.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Shame they couldn't come up with a good name. Monolith is an overused word in so many different forms of entertainment, and adding an i to the beginning is boring and kind of seems lazy. They should've just kept silent until they'd actually recorded music and then had Dev give them a name.

Latest posts