Anyone into Watches?

• Thread starter Keirosen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
MkII DRSD

IMG-2504.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I'm new here too! I'm definitely into watches - there's something about them that's just so fascinating. I'm always on the lookout for a new one to add to my collection. Right now, I'm wearing a Seiko 5 Automatic that I got from a vintage watch store. It's a classic design and I love the way it looks on my wrist. I've also been eyeing a few Rolex models, but they're definitely out of my price range at the moment. Speaking of which, have you ever considered getting a loan against your fine watches? I recently learned about this service offered by https://www.newbondstreetpawnbrokers.com/loans-against-fine-watches-2/ and it seems like a great option for watch enthusiasts who need some extra funds.

For the right price, I'll sell you the one I'm wearing in the above picture! But it's going to have to be competitive...

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I'm new here too! I'm definitely into watches - there's something about them that's just so fascinating. I'm always on the lookout for a new one to add to my collection. Right now, I'm wearing a Seiko 5 Automatic that I got from a vintage watch store. It's a classic design and I love the way it looks on my wrist. I've also been eyeing a few Rolex models, but they're definitely out of my price range at the moment. Speaking of which, have you ever considered getting a loan against your fine watches? I recently learned about this service offered by https://www.newbondstreetpawnbrokers.com/loans-against-fine-watches-2/ and it seems like a great option for watch enthusiasts who need some extra funds.

This isn’t the vendor thread. Not a fan of seeing someone hawk loans on a guitar forum.

But while we’re on the topic, when anyone is considering taking a loan against an existing asset the question immediately becomes “what investment is the cash needed for/what will it generate?” Can a more traditional loan or source of cash be secured at a more attractive rate or with better terms? Is it for an immediate cash need for an investment like a property that will be updated/repaired and sold in a few months at a profit to pay down the loan? Or is it just a spur of the moment splurge that shouldn’t be borrowed for at all to begin with?

Borrowing “for some cash” makes no sense in a rate environment where vanilla 30yr mortgages are 7-8%+. And asset-backed lending has higher rates.

The money needs to be invested in something that will earn you more than the interest paid on the loan.

… 3 posts and is hawking watch loans.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I'm getting annoyed trying to fix my Movado straps.
Leather straps that seem VERY specific. I've taken it to several local repair shops and each say that it has to be taken to Movado specifically to replace the strap.
Or if not movado, then a shop that deals with movados specifically.

so here I am holding onto a watch that costs a few hundred dollars because its leather strap, which costs about $30ish cant be repaired or replaced.

I dont get this

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello watch bros, I am also a big watch enthusiast. This is my favourite watch, definitely helps getting attention from girls. They just can't resist an elegant classy look like this 😎

View attachment 146348
If you really wanna be swarmed by the ladies you need to get yourself a Casio with the built in calculator.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I rock the fuck out of the Casio World Time Illuminator 10-Year Battery. $20 at semi-ethical retailers near you.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That reminds me, there used to be some hilarious reviews of the Rolex Yacht-Master about ten years ago. A+ comedy riffing shit. It's all gone now... gone....

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
IMG_20240705_090424.jpg
Armitron is where it's at. I bought this for $22 at Walmart in 2014 and worn it almost every day since.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
20240705_093938.jpg

I have these. The Tag Heuer is legit but I have no clue whether the Rolex is real or not. How would I tell? These belonged to my late dad. He had some seriously thin wrists because the bands are smallll. Or maybe I just have huge wrists from all the CHUGS.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I have a Hamilton and a G-shock 3 sensor Rangeman. They are different, but ultimately interchangeable. I do not get very excited about them.