Indie 8 string shred?

• Thread starter koalanights
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
I absolutely love this song. Josh is one of most creative guitarist I know. He was also the the only other ERG player at our music school:hbang: I think the 8 string in this musical context is really refreshing. Keep it up dude!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

animalsasleader

Reaction score
shitsøn;2338028 said:
what a nice surprise this was, great playing and another interesting approach to ERG's. so the album is available on iTunes?! i'm so gonna get this now!

plus...THIS:

+1. sorry. :wavey:
+2 hehe:agreed:

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
I absolutely love this song. Josh is one of most creative guitarist I know. He was also the the only other ERG player at our music school:hbang: I think the 8 string in this musical context is really refreshing. Keep it up dude!

Well, there ya go... straight from the Tosin's mouth. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Hey, Tosin, did you know Jason Ussery, the drumset player that played with Josh Martin and Ryan Donald?

_RH_

Reaction score
As others have said, great stuff! I especially like your part in the chorus and the swelling/sliding at 4:25. Would love to see it tabbed out =)

Also, I was gonna ask how many of the songs on the upcoming Little Tybee album feature this many guitar parts. It seems like this has way more guitar oriented parts than what I've heard off of "Building a Bomb".

Coffee Elf

Reaction score
This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

For those of you interested in buying the album, it's available on Amazon as well. (Which I prefer to iTMS, because they have non-DRMed MP3s.)

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
Good stuff! :yesway: Very fresh and original sound.
Also, the 2-hand tapping part around the 4:00 minute mark is awesome!

Elijah

Reaction score
awesome piece! I've seen a lot of your other music on youtube as well. You are a phenomenal player, and an excellent writer, mr josh martin

bs_tritonus

Reaction score
Awesome music! I do not like the part the electrical gutar have in this though. The sound and playing style seems out of context and kind of ruins the song abit. Same goes with production. Try not to pan the guitar and violin that much..
That said, I love the singer and feel of the band.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
This is very cool! I like the music but I'm tempted to support this as a matter of principle, just because of the exceedingly creative use of an 8. We need a lot more ERG outside of metal. Do you use the low string much? Not sure I heard it in this tune, but I was curious how it might be utilized in this type of music. This warrants at very least a purchase on itunes. Thanks man!

koalanights

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! The new album comes out april 5th and is a much better representation of our current band. It still has its fair share of folky platitudes and cinematic soundscapes but overall it's much meatier. We barely had one drummer on the first album and now we have one plus a Brazilian style percussionist. We are shooting a lot of promo vids for it so I should have some really sweet HD 8 string solo guitar vids soon. I really want to show you guys some of percussive stuff I have been working on so that should be up in the next couple weeks or so.

Thanks again
Josh-

BlackMetalVenom

Vallz und Veinaz
Reaction score
I've known about their guitarist and Little Tybee for a while now. Have always liked their stuff and am glad someone posted this. :)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool. Singer has a sort of soft-spoken Jeff Buckley thing happening. It works. :yesway: