Infinity war..best ever MCU movie

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Ms. Marvel is Captain Marvel.

Let's not even go through that convoluted messed up web of Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel/Mar-Vell/Shazam confusion and lawsuits that lead to this debacle. It's hard enough trying to keep up with Carol Danvers herself without going cross eyed. :lol:

To keep it simple, just treat 'Captain Marvel' and 'Ms Marvel' as mantles, much like Captain America/Captain Britain, Ant Man etc. The movies are doing so by giving the mantle to Carol Danvers. But then Jude Law is playing MarVell and Feigie planning on introducing Kamala Khan and I've now gone cross eyed.

Huh. I have no clue who Hank Pym is.

Michael Douglas plays the character in the movies (Ant Man), but in a much smaller role than the character in the comics (ie, he formed the Avengers, made Ultron etc).

It's times like these it's no wonder people would rather watch Marvel than read Marvel. :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Carol Danvers was an air force test pilot who encountered a kree warrior named Marvell (aka the OG Capt. Marvel) with superhuman strength, flight, etc. Basically Marvell's DNA fused with hers in an explosion and she got some of his powers. She becomes Ms. Marvel after Marvell leaves Earth, then takes up the mantle of Binary and then to Warbird and finally becomes Capt. Marvel later on. She's super strong, super tough, can fly, can manipulate energy and gravity, survive the vacuum of space and travel at light speed too.

Kamala khan was an attempt by Marvel to try and bring some forced ethnic diversity to popular characters (when they already had plenty of ethnic characters like Magneto or Jubilee, silver samurai, etc). Basically she's a muslim mr. fantastic that took up the mantle of Ms. Marvel because she idolizes Carol Danvers.

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
LOVED IT...

Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen were fantastic.
Loved the action and pace.
Humor was very well placed (unlike Thor Ragnarok).
Can't wait to see what the next installment will bring...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
the best of the MCU within 1 movie.
Its an absolute treat. I was super nerding so hard whilst watching it, it genuinely blew my mind.

I came out the cinema trying to honestly think of a movie Ive seen in the cinema in the last 10 years, that Ive enjoyed as much and I dont believe there has been one.
Its a total masterpiece.
An easy 10/10 and worth the accolades and the $2billion global takings its gotten so far etc.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I loved it simply for the fact that, at least within the confines of this movie,
the bad guy won.
That alone is rare, in movies, and totally made it for me. And, of course, who disappeared as a consequence.

And regarding DCEU: I’ve given up hope. After Heath Ledger’s death I figured Joker would never appear again, because that role could not be surpassed. But then I saw the Leto as Joker photo leaked before much was known about SS, and I got totally excited. The way he was done up was awesome, and I’m a huge fan of the odd roles Jared Leto takes on. But, MAN that movie was a disappointment. WW was great, which surprised me. But, who knows if they’ll get their act together.
Also, I just saw Iron Man I the other night again. After all this time, that movie is still so fun to watch. The writing, and Robert Downey Jr. really are responsible for setting such a good thing in motion. Lord knows prior Marvel stuff, like the Ang Lee Hulk film, didn’t help the cause.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
But then I saw the Leto as Joker photo leaked before much was known about SS, and I got totally excited. The way he was done up was awesome, and I’m a huge fan of the odd roles Jared Leto takes on.
Uh, what? Jared Leto as the Joker looked like a meth head. Wasn't a good look at all.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Uh, what? Jared Leto as the Joker looked like a meth head. Wasn't a good look at all.

Oh really? I thought it was a pretty scary look. I think this was the image I saw, and it still looks comic book cool to me. But the character in the movie was not all all like what the image portrayed to me.

JaredLetoJokerHQ-DL.jpg

wankerness

Reaction score
God, that design is the worst. The "DAMAGED" in ye olde english font like he's some hardcore 16 year old's windshield alone condemns that design to the shitheap where it belongs. The chest tattoos are almost as bad.

That image causes me to react with visceral disgust. The last thing I can think of like that was Goatse way back in the day (not that this is THAT bad, haha). They definitely use it on some forums as a shorthand representation of the DCEU.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
WHAT is with all of the Sharpie permanent marker tattoos? God, they look terrible.

Latest posts