"Intervals" (Aaron Marshall stands alone)

• Thread starter neoclassical85
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
So what was the aftermath after the whole shenanigans that went down after The Voice Within was released? It looked like things got messy when Anup and Mike left, is it just back to being Aarons solo project now? The new song is nice and all but it feels like Aaron came across as a bit of a control freak/dick back then.

Yea aaron is solo now. Anup and lukas wanted to keep a vocalist and aaron didnt, so he fired them. Anup in now in monuments, dunno what happened lukas. Honestly this is the best thing for Intervals as a band, even though some fans didnt like how everything went down. Aaron will sell a lot of records and have tons of students.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
So what was the aftermath after the whole shenanigans that went down after The Voice Within was released? It looked like things got messy when Anup and Mike left, is it just back to being Aarons solo project now? The new song is nice and all but it feels like Aaron came across as a bit of a control freak/dick back then.

Yeah, I think coupled with health concerns (he had heart surgery late last year/ earlier this year) and seeing his band that he created go in a direction that he didn't want it to go to (let's face it, a voice within's guitar work was pretty toned down compared to epiphany in order to accommodate the vocals) that he had to make changes and assert why he was doing so, making it seem like he was being a little harsh about it.

Aaron personally told me that Intervals is probably on it's final run, and any releases from him here on out will probably be under his name and not Intervals. End of an era.

chevymeister

Reaction score
That's a shame to hear. I didn't know anything about the drama with this band but A Voice Within was amazing and I spin it a lot. Not so much the older stuff.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
That's a shame to hear. I didn't know anything about the drama with this band but A Voice Within was amazing and I spin it a lot. Not so much the older stuff.

I agree with you, A Voice Within was an amazing album, and it does suck, but train gotta keep on chugging....

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Yeah, I think coupled with health concerns (he had heart surgery late last year/ earlier this year) and seeing his band that he created go in a direction that he didn't want it to go to (let's face it, a voice within's guitar work was pretty toned down compared to epiphany in order to accommodate the vocals) that he had to make changes and assert why he was doing so, making it seem like he was being a little harsh about it.

Aaron personally told me that Intervals is probably on it's final run, and any releases from him here on out will probably be under his name and not Intervals. End of an era.

IF he wants to kill the intervals name, why not just make Intervals the band with vocals and just release instrumental stuff under his name? I have been saying that for a while.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
IF he wants to kill the intervals name, why not just make Intervals the band with vocals and just release instrumental stuff under his name? I have been saying that for a while.

Maybe because he never wanted vocals to begin with? I'm not too sure honestly and I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way either. I'm betting that it was the "bands" decision to let Mike do vocals and not Aaron's decision. Probably a "been there, done that" scenario.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Maybe because he never wanted vocals to begin with? I'm not too sure honestly and I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way either. I'm betting that it was the "bands" decision to let Mike do vocals and not Aaron's decision. Probably a "been there, done that" scenario.

He was always open to vocals because in his very first EP it came with a note saying they were thinking about trying out vocalist and to email him if you wanted to try out. I think he wanted vocals, but it just didnt go how he wanted it to go.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
He was always open to vocals because in his very first EP it came with a note saying they were thinking about trying out vocalist and to email him if you wanted to try out. I think he wanted vocals, but it just didnt go how he wanted it to go.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of assumption going on here, maybe this wasn't left completely out in the open for people to know the full story for a reason?

I personally don't care for the drama and personal stuff going on, but the music is fantastic and all I honestly cared about going into this band.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
If Plini says it, it's true. I enjoyed AVW but I definitely preferred the instrumental stuff. The new track is awesome, the main riff with those natural harmonics is just sweet.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I listen to this and immediately think how much better it would be with a vocalist.

anomynous

Reaction score
I listen to this and immediately think how much it sounds like Polyphia. Kinda disappointed.

Khoi

Reaction score
Love all of it. Libra especially, so groovy and tasty!

Aaron really shows he doesn't need a vocalist, I can't think of any other modern guitarist who can make the guitar sing like he does. His note choice is perfect.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
Based on the stream, I think Aaron should've renamed the band Sithu Ayentervals. :p
I enjoyed the album, it just sounds nothing like what I've come to know from Intervals. Makes me a little bit bummed. But it is a good "happy prog metal" album.

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
Oh for sure. But in my opinion, that album resonates more to me personally, than the new album. Personal preference.

Latest posts