Intonation being off by 25 cents, what does this mean?

• Thread starter BeyondAntares
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mpexus

Reaction score
Gets more tricky to Intonate on a Floyd Rose type of bridge without a proper tool, but on a Fixed one it's easy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PatientMental76

Reaction score
I had that problem my tech told me my guitar was 50 cent off but playing "In Da Club" sounded soooo good on it!

nightlight

Reaction score
I had a Mayones guitar with one of those fancy Schaller piezo bridges that could not be intonated properly.

The first five strings were fine, but when it came to the low E, there was some kind of screw up where it was either too flat or too sharp. And believe me, I tried getting that guitar to sound correct, but the Schaller bridge couldn't be in tune all the time.

Traded away the guitar. It does happen, though 25 cents sounds like a hell of a deviation and sounds like your tech didn't know what he was talking about.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Before the setup, right yeah. 25 cents, 25% of a semitone. A pretty normal (though of course very bad) intonation to encounter before a setup, nothing unusual.