Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but I loved the chorus and the whole song came together for me! I am very excited! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
The song is not bad, I love the riff starting at 0:53 (pre-chorus) in the video above.
Bruce, however, is the weak link here. I have never been a great fan of his vocals, but in this song his voice is pretty bad.

morestrings111

Reaction score
I'm not likin' it. They started falling off with Final Frontier, and now this. :ugh:

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's just "okay". Hopefully with the new record being a double album, there will be at least a few gems on it. At this point in Maiden's career, that's all i'm expecting.

electriceye

Reaction score
I've only heard one song so far (have they released any more?). It was OK. The intro sounds like very vintage Maiden. The rest was lackluster. Frankly, the last album was a major letdown and the time between albums with them is wayyyyy too long. Crossing fingers for a nice surprise.

holy ghost

Reaction score
Love all classic Maiden and I'm a huge fan of the last 4 records. Great comeback. Thus song took me a few spins to get into, but screw it. I dig it. Totally looking forward to the new record and a TOUR.

jovima69

Reaction score
I am hoping for the best. Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, and 7th Son = best 4 album run in metal IMO.

chopeth

Reaction score
Well, Fear of the Dark > No Prayer, so I guess that means....

True, but FOTD and NPFTD are imo not even close to the first 7 which are the best in a row and most pure Maiden as I see it. :lol:

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
I included NPFTD because I feel it is highly underrated with a similar format to previous albums despite having Janick & a rawer production. FOTD took me a bit to get into & while I love it, this one definitely isn't up to the task.

chevymeister

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie this is probably the closest they've sounded to powerslave in ....ing ever. I like old maiden, new...not so much. This was rather refreshing. Can't say it was a great song but I think they've finally realized how formulaic everything has been on their past records and are removing that.

crushingattack

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is nothing worth remembering for me in this first single. I hope that it is not the best track on the album...

Rock4ever

Reaction score
TFF has some several great songs but overall was a little meh. I've liked every album since Bruce's return save for A matter of life and death.

TREYAZAGHTOTH

'bone' carpenter
Reaction score
got the album today.
anyone else?

it has a nice 'fear of the dark' meets 'seventh son' feel to it.

what do you guys think?
dinesh

RobbYoung

Psalm Mutes End Wars
Reaction score
Been playing through the first half, up to The Book of Souls. As a big fan of TFF and BNW I thought this album was really, really good. It also seems that many media outlets are giving the album top reviews too (Kerrang, Blabbermouth etc)

Can't wait to hear these songs live on the tour!

ManOnTheEdge

Reaction score
Listening to Empire of the Clouds now (with what i have left of my lunch break). Love it - It's not classic maiden, but it may just be a maiden classic!